Re: Lift Boys

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 20, 2006
      the first lift boyz with "anarchy way/village" is definitely eye solo stuff. not remixes although
      probably some outtakes set to a dance groove. that's getting harder to find but i think if you
      were to find it anywhere it would be www.cisco-records.co.jp since they distributed it.
      i don't know where to find the other one, although i heard that is indeed weird disco stuff,
      somewhat re-edited by eye

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "bogmanfan" <bogmanfan@...> wrote:

      > Anyone know where I could get my hands on this? Sounds absolutely
      > fantastic, i'm a massive fan of the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc, which this
      > has been compared to. Anywhere I can download it?

    • Jonathan Williams
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
        I've seen the second 12" it kicking around NYC records stores (Kims? Other
        music?) up to a year after the GATAX show. Might be worth checking online
        there or calling/emailing.

        The first Lift Boys record is cribbed from older DJ Pica^3 stuff including
        Shock City 1 and the song 777 from some Psy-Harmonics comp.

        I don't understand why people hate on the 2nd 12" Lifty Voyzzzzz. I think
        one song has a cribbed Jean Michael Jarre synth line (IIRC) and the other
        song is like Eye doing call and response vocals in a Technotronic style.

        Sidenote: does anyone have a good background in Osaka house music? My best
        friend gave me some crazy 12" collecting 10 years of material and I'm
        probably going to want to get some info on it. Email me off list.

        - Jon Williams
        http://wizardishungry.com/blog/

        On 12/20/06, fastyouth81 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > the first lift boyz with "anarchy way/village" is definitely eye solo
        > stuff. not remixes although
        > probably some outtakes set to a dance groove. that's getting harder to
        > find but i think if you
        > were to find it anywhere it would be www.cisco-records.co.jp since they
        > distributed it.
        > i don't know where to find the other one, although i heard that is indeed
        > weird disco stuff,
        > somewhat re-edited by eye
        >
        > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com <theboredoms%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "bogmanfan" <bogmanfan@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone know where I could get my hands on this? Sounds absolutely
        > > fantastic, i'm a massive fan of the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc, which this
        > > has been compared to. Anywhere I can download it?

      • scott davis
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
          liftyvoyzzzz is a dope track!!!!!
          through eye and yoshimi, i've been getting into osaka underground house. i've got some links i'll gather them and post them for you.
          who has that GATAX prformance?????? i want to hear that.

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
            my fave house/disco guys from osaka are
            ALTZ
            oorutaichi
            one hundred birds orchestra
            and then there's also
            moodman
            CMT
            dj kensei
            blast head
            dj hikaru
            traks boys

            of which i'm not sure where they're from. all kinda are more disco dubbish. but most of
            them dj with eye.

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
              you can get altz and oorutaichi from bear funk in germany
              http://www.bearentertainment.info/showlabel.php?label=Bear+Funk

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                http://www.jetsetrecords.net/columns/featuren/13.php

                http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.lastrum.co.jp/altz/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Daltz%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

                http://www.flower-of-life.org

                here's a few. if you go to youtube and search altz, you will find alot

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                  Thanks, Moodman is awesome and I'll check the rest out. I had no time to
                  check out the LP I was given as I was drunk.

                  Any of you guys check out Flying Rhythms? Ey3 contributed vocals on a track
                  on the remix album. Their stuff is on iTunes in the USA.