Re: Lift Boys

  • exfedex2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 20, 2006
      I know it's not too far gone. It pops up every now and then. I
      actually bought it from Fuesetron months ago and sold it on Ebay. I
      LOVE the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc but this is TERRIBLE! PURE disco with
      nearly no indication that Eye had anything to do with it remix-wise.
      Don't go out of your mind trying to find it. It's not a big deal.

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 20, 2006
        the first lift boyz with "anarchy way/village" is definitely eye solo stuff. not remixes although
        probably some outtakes set to a dance groove. that's getting harder to find but i think if you
        were to find it anywhere it would be www.cisco-records.co.jp since they distributed it.
        i don't know where to find the other one, although i heard that is indeed weird disco stuff,
        somewhat re-edited by eye

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "bogmanfan" <bogmanfan@...> wrote:

        > Anyone know where I could get my hands on this? Sounds absolutely
        > fantastic, i'm a massive fan of the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc, which this
        > has been compared to. Anywhere I can download it?

      • Jonathan Williams
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
          I've seen the second 12" it kicking around NYC records stores (Kims? Other
          music?) up to a year after the GATAX show. Might be worth checking online
          there or calling/emailing.

          The first Lift Boys record is cribbed from older DJ Pica^3 stuff including
          Shock City 1 and the song 777 from some Psy-Harmonics comp.

          I don't understand why people hate on the 2nd 12" Lifty Voyzzzzz. I think
          one song has a cribbed Jean Michael Jarre synth line (IIRC) and the other
          song is like Eye doing call and response vocals in a Technotronic style.

          Sidenote: does anyone have a good background in Osaka house music? My best
          friend gave me some crazy 12" collecting 10 years of material and I'm
          probably going to want to get some info on it. Email me off list.

          - Jon Williams
          http://wizardishungry.com/blog/

          On 12/20/06, fastyouth81 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > the first lift boyz with "anarchy way/village" is definitely eye solo
          > stuff. not remixes although
          > probably some outtakes set to a dance groove. that's getting harder to
          > find but i think if you
          > were to find it anywhere it would be www.cisco-records.co.jp since they
          > distributed it.
          > i don't know where to find the other one, although i heard that is indeed
          > weird disco stuff,
          > somewhat re-edited by eye
          >
          > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com <theboredoms%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "bogmanfan" <bogmanfan@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone know where I could get my hands on this? Sounds absolutely
          > > fantastic, i'm a massive fan of the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc, which this
          > > has been compared to. Anywhere I can download it?

        • scott davis
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
            liftyvoyzzzz is a dope track!!!!!
            through eye and yoshimi, i've been getting into osaka underground house. i've got some links i'll gather them and post them for you.
            who has that GATAX prformance?????? i want to hear that.

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
              my fave house/disco guys from osaka are
              ALTZ
              oorutaichi
              one hundred birds orchestra
              and then there's also
              moodman
              CMT
              dj kensei
              blast head
              dj hikaru
              traks boys

              of which i'm not sure where they're from. all kinda are more disco dubbish. but most of
              them dj with eye.

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                you can get altz and oorutaichi from bear funk in germany
                http://www.bearentertainment.info/showlabel.php?label=Bear+Funk

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                  http://www.jetsetrecords.net/columns/featuren/13.php

                  http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.lastrum.co.jp/altz/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Daltz%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

                  http://www.flower-of-life.org

                  here's a few. if you go to youtube and search altz, you will find alot

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                    Thanks, Moodman is awesome and I'll check the rest out. I had no time to
                    check out the LP I was given as I was drunk.

                    Any of you guys check out Flying Rhythms? Ey3 contributed vocals on a track
                    on the remix album. Their stuff is on iTunes in the USA.