Lift Boys

  • bogmanfan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 20, 2006
      Anyone know where I could get my hands on this? Sounds absolutely
      fantastic, i'm a massive fan of the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc, which this
      has been compared to. Anywhere I can download it?
    • exfedex2000
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 20, 2006
        I know it's not too far gone. It pops up every now and then. I
        actually bought it from Fuesetron months ago and sold it on Ebay. I
        LOVE the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc but this is TERRIBLE! PURE disco with
        nearly no indication that Eye had anything to do with it remix-wise.
        Don't go out of your mind trying to find it. It's not a big deal.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 20, 2006
          the first lift boyz with "anarchy way/village" is definitely eye solo stuff. not remixes although
          probably some outtakes set to a dance groove. that's getting harder to find but i think if you
          were to find it anywhere it would be www.cisco-records.co.jp since they distributed it.
          i don't know where to find the other one, although i heard that is indeed weird disco stuff,
          somewhat re-edited by eye

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "bogmanfan" <bogmanfan@...> wrote:

          > Anyone know where I could get my hands on this? Sounds absolutely
          > fantastic, i'm a massive fan of the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc, which this
          > has been compared to. Anywhere I can download it?

        • Jonathan Williams
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
            I've seen the second 12" it kicking around NYC records stores (Kims? Other
            music?) up to a year after the GATAX show. Might be worth checking online
            there or calling/emailing.

            The first Lift Boys record is cribbed from older DJ Pica^3 stuff including
            Shock City 1 and the song 777 from some Psy-Harmonics comp.

            I don't understand why people hate on the 2nd 12" Lifty Voyzzzzz. I think
            one song has a cribbed Jean Michael Jarre synth line (IIRC) and the other
            song is like Eye doing call and response vocals in a Technotronic style.

            Sidenote: does anyone have a good background in Osaka house music? My best
            friend gave me some crazy 12" collecting 10 years of material and I'm
            probably going to want to get some info on it. Email me off list.

            - Jon Williams
            http://wizardishungry.com/blog/

            On 12/20/06, fastyouth81 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > the first lift boyz with "anarchy way/village" is definitely eye solo
            > stuff. not remixes although
            > probably some outtakes set to a dance groove. that's getting harder to
            > find but i think if you
            > were to find it anywhere it would be www.cisco-records.co.jp since they
            > distributed it.
            > i don't know where to find the other one, although i heard that is indeed
            > weird disco stuff,
            > somewhat re-edited by eye
            >
            > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com <theboredoms%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "bogmanfan" <bogmanfan@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anyone know where I could get my hands on this? Sounds absolutely
            > > fantastic, i'm a massive fan of the DJ Pica Pica Pica disc, which this
            > > has been compared to. Anywhere I can download it?

          • scott davis
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
              liftyvoyzzzz is a dope track!!!!!
              through eye and yoshimi, i've been getting into osaka underground house. i've got some links i'll gather them and post them for you.
              who has that GATAX prformance?????? i want to hear that.

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                my fave house/disco guys from osaka are
                ALTZ
                oorutaichi
                one hundred birds orchestra
                and then there's also
                moodman
                CMT
                dj kensei
                blast head
                dj hikaru
                traks boys

                of which i'm not sure where they're from. all kinda are more disco dubbish. but most of
                them dj with eye.

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                  you can get altz and oorutaichi from bear funk in germany
                  http://www.bearentertainment.info/showlabel.php?label=Bear+Funk

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                    http://www.jetsetrecords.net/columns/featuren/13.php

                    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.lastrum.co.jp/altz/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Daltz%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

                    http://www.flower-of-life.org

                    here's a few. if you go to youtube and search altz, you will find alot

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 21, 2006
                      Thanks, Moodman is awesome and I'll check the rest out. I had no time to
                      check out the LP I was given as I was drunk.

                      Any of you guys check out Flying Rhythms? Ey3 contributed vocals on a track
                      on the remix album. Their stuff is on iTunes in the USA.