Re: Super Roots 9

  • bogmanfan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
    • John
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
        Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is showing
        no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff reminds me
        of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.
      • sjofarthotellet
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
          just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
          getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of progression.
          so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
            The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81
            or '82 (it's in cable reruns) was tasty and vigorous like that, and
            was from the appx. period the film was released. Watch that episode
            sometime, it's well worth it, if only for the music. Immediately
            post-'original cast', special guests on SNL during the period
            included the Philip Glass Ensemble, Capt. Beefheart and the Magic
            Band, William S. Burroughs, and (as I recall) Laurie Anderson--
            amazingly enough for network TV--while at the same time, the SNL
            writing and acting and directing sucked horribly, a terrible loss of
            creative balance.--- In
            theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "sjofarthotellet" <sjofarthotellet@...>
            wrote:

            > just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
            > getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of
            progression.
            > so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?
            >

            > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "John" <bogmanfan@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is
            showing
            > > no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff
            reminds me
            > > of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.

          • Keith Rankin
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 26, 2007
              I just submitted a positive review of Super Roots 9 to www.tinymixtapes.com

              Hopefully it should be up this week or next!

              alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 2008
                The SR9 cover art looks reminiscent of the cover art on the Japanese
                version of Onanie Bomb. Very happy about it being released; it's at the
                level of a national holiday for me. Looking at the discography, though,
                I just realized that I don't have SR8.