Re: Super Roots 9

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
      Sounds great! (And I'm sure it will).When anyone hears if this will be
      out in US, UK, etc., please post the info.--- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > So far it's listed as Japan only but February 21st is the date!
      >
      > First release from The Boredoms "Super Roots" CD series in nearly 8
      > years featuring live audio from the band's Christmas 2005 concert.
      > Being the first live album from the band, this CD also includes deluxe
      > booklet with sheet music and live photo collection.

    • bogmanfan
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
      • John
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
          Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is showing
          no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff reminds me
          of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.
        • sjofarthotellet
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
            just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
            getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of progression.
            so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
              The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81
              or '82 (it's in cable reruns) was tasty and vigorous like that, and
              was from the appx. period the film was released. Watch that episode
              sometime, it's well worth it, if only for the music. Immediately
              post-'original cast', special guests on SNL during the period
              included the Philip Glass Ensemble, Capt. Beefheart and the Magic
              Band, William S. Burroughs, and (as I recall) Laurie Anderson--
              amazingly enough for network TV--while at the same time, the SNL
              writing and acting and directing sucked horribly, a terrible loss of
              creative balance.--- In
              theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "sjofarthotellet" <sjofarthotellet@...>
              wrote:

              > just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
              > getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of
              progression.
              > so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?
              >

              > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "John" <bogmanfan@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is
              showing
              > > no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff
              reminds me
              > > of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.

            • Keith Rankin
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 26, 2007
                I just submitted a positive review of Super Roots 9 to www.tinymixtapes.com

                Hopefully it should be up this week or next!

                alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 7, 2008
                  The SR9 cover art looks reminiscent of the cover art on the Japanese
                  version of Onanie Bomb. Very happy about it being released; it's at the
                  level of a national holiday for me. Looking at the discography, though,
                  I just realized that I don't have SR8.