Super Roots 9

  • exfedex2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
      So far it's listed as Japan only but February 21st is the date!

      First release from The Boredoms "Super Roots" CD series in nearly 8
      years featuring live audio from the band's Christmas 2005 concert.
      Being the first live album from the band, this CD also includes deluxe
      booklet with sheet music and live photo collection.
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
        link please.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
          Sounds great! (And I'm sure it will).When anyone hears if this will be
          out in US, UK, etc., please post the info.--- In
          theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > So far it's listed as Japan only but February 21st is the date!
          >
          > First release from The Boredoms "Super Roots" CD series in nearly 8
          > years featuring live audio from the band's Christmas 2005 concert.
          > Being the first live album from the band, this CD also includes deluxe
          > booklet with sheet music and live photo collection.

        • bogmanfan
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
          • John
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5 1:33 PM
              Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is showing
              no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff reminds me
              of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.
            • sjofarthotellet
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 5 5:42 PM
                just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
                getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of progression.
                so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 25 1:02 PM
                  The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81
                  or '82 (it's in cable reruns) was tasty and vigorous like that, and
                  was from the appx. period the film was released. Watch that episode
                  sometime, it's well worth it, if only for the music. Immediately
                  post-'original cast', special guests on SNL during the period
                  included the Philip Glass Ensemble, Capt. Beefheart and the Magic
                  Band, William S. Burroughs, and (as I recall) Laurie Anderson--
                  amazingly enough for network TV--while at the same time, the SNL
                  writing and acting and directing sucked horribly, a terrible loss of
                  creative balance.--- In
                  theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "sjofarthotellet" <sjofarthotellet@...>
                  wrote:

                  > just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
                  > getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of
                  progression.
                  > so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?
                  >

                  > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "John" <bogmanfan@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is
                  showing
                  > > no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff
                  reminds me
                  > > of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.

                • Keith Rankin
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 26 7:48 AM
                    I just submitted a positive review of Super Roots 9 to www.tinymixtapes.com

                    Hopefully it should be up this week or next!

                    alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 7 4:12 PM
                      The SR9 cover art looks reminiscent of the cover art on the Japanese
                      version of Onanie Bomb. Very happy about it being released; it's at the
                      level of a national holiday for me. Looking at the discography, though,
                      I just realized that I don't have SR8.