Re: [the boredoms] new yorker article

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2006
      Yes, I saw Boredoms on the Clarkston MI stop of Lollapalooza (and
      audio-recorded it); the buzz on that alleged that the group was
      involved because Nirvana had initially been slotted for the tour and
      wanted Boredoms involved, too. They were good that day, but my beer-
      addled dumbass friends missed them. Oh, well. Cobain's recurrent
      crises and his later loss of brain tissue were presumably related to
      Nirvana not being on the L train that year. However, Boredoms did
      open for Nirvana on tour; I saw then in Detroit in the truly
      barnlike State Fair Arena in late November (unheated building with a
      dirt floor, no less; promoters are often cheap bastards). For some
      unknown childish reason, throwing shoes at the stage was the hit of
      the season with the children--I use the term in scorn; it refers in
      this context to teens who act like fools, generally--in the
      audience, and at one point Cobain was so pissed off that he threw
      one kiddie shoe at the stage and it bounced about 20 feet in the air
      (try this: you probably can't do it). Boredoms weren't very good
      that time, it was WOW2 noise, low on their evolutionary scale. Sonic
      Youth was pretty good on the Lolla tour they played, far better than
      that trashy band Hole (what total crap). I had seen SY open for Neil
      Young (!!!) in the early '90s somewhere, too... --- In