Re: ooioo/ taiga

  • dcmitchum
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 15, 2006
      If the couple of mp3s you can find via the Hype Machine are
      representative of Taiga, Jeff is right --this stuff is not even in
      the ballpark with Feather float or Gold & Green --drums, yelping,
      chants>> i can get that lots of places.
      I'd like to hear DFA remix it though.
      Cant imagine spending money on an Afrirampo record, but even if it is
      a schtick, they are a joy to behold live

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "jeffwinterberg"
      <jeffwinterberg@...> wrote:

      > donny,
      > pardon me, i didn't understand that this forum was only for praise.
      it will be very
      > interesting to read people constantly fawning over every boredoms
      related release.
      > thanks for your help.
      > -jeff
      >

      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, donny van zandt <oldbenway@>
      wrote:

      > > Goddamn them for making something you didn't like.
      > >
      > > Give me your Taiga, I'll trade it to you for my second copy of
      Green and Gold. You can

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
        Criticism and praise are often interrelated, and stuff peripherally
        related to Boredoms has been posted here for years. As far as
        criticizing releases, I've pointed out my definite distaste for most
        of WOW2 (and the live performance on that tour), though I love a lot
        of other Boredoms stuff. The main thing in the group is avoidance of
        Tourette's-style language and preventing sleazy would-be merchants
        from attempting to use this group to sell their stuff. And
        maintaining some semblance of relevance in postings.--- In