Re: [the boredoms] Re: ooioo/ taiga

  • donny van zandt
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 11, 2006
      Might as well pony up these two, Ni Hao! and Limited Express (Has Gone?) have really been squeaking it up on my iPod lately--both on Tzadik, and I think they share a member. Man, wtf is in the water in Osaka?

      Will have to search for Nisennenmondai and Squimaoto, thanks for the recommendations!

      -d

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 15, 2006
        If the couple of mp3s you can find via the Hype Machine are
        representative of Taiga, Jeff is right --this stuff is not even in
        the ballpark with Feather float or Gold & Green --drums, yelping,
        chants>> i can get that lots of places.
        I'd like to hear DFA remix it though.
        Cant imagine spending money on an Afrirampo record, but even if it is
        a schtick, they are a joy to behold live

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "jeffwinterberg"
        <jeffwinterberg@...> wrote:

        > donny,
        > pardon me, i didn't understand that this forum was only for praise.
        it will be very
        > interesting to read people constantly fawning over every boredoms
        related release.
        > thanks for your help.
        > -jeff
        >

        > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, donny van zandt <oldbenway@>
        wrote:

        > > Goddamn them for making something you didn't like.
        > >
        > > Give me your Taiga, I'll trade it to you for my second copy of
        Green and Gold. You can

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
          Criticism and praise are often interrelated, and stuff peripherally
          related to Boredoms has been posted here for years. As far as
          criticizing releases, I've pointed out my definite distaste for most
          of WOW2 (and the live performance on that tour), though I love a lot
          of other Boredoms stuff. The main thing in the group is avoidance of
          Tourette's-style language and preventing sleazy would-be merchants
          from attempting to use this group to sell their stuff. And
          maintaining some semblance of relevance in postings.--- In