RE: [the boredoms] Re: ooioo/ taiga

  • Arthur Gadney
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 11, 2006
      >if you want a japanese girl band, listen to
      >nissenenmondai (see them live) or a band i saw called squimaoto, from kobe.

      Never heard about Squimaoto before. Did they release anything?

      I'd love to see Nisennenmondai live, but doubt I will get the chance. What
      about their albums? Is the new one, "Rock-on" (or something) good?

      On the topic of japanese girlbands, what happened to COA? I can hardly find
      any information on the web. Are they still active? Any recommendations for
      their later CDs? I only have the first one.

      Thanks
    • donny van zandt
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 11, 2006
        Might as well pony up these two, Ni Hao! and Limited Express (Has Gone?) have really been squeaking it up on my iPod lately--both on Tzadik, and I think they share a member. Man, wtf is in the water in Osaka?

        Will have to search for Nisennenmondai and Squimaoto, thanks for the recommendations!

        -d

        >if you want a japanese girl band, listen to
        >nissenenmondai (see them live) or a band i saw called squimaoto, from kobe.

        Never heard about Squimaoto before. Did they release anything?

        I'd love to see Nisennenmondai live, but doubt I will get the chance. What
        about their albums? Is the new one, "Rock-on" (or something) good?

        On the topic of japanese girlbands, what happened to COA? I can hardly find
        any information on the web. Are they still active? Any recommendations for
        their later CDs? I only have the first one.

        Thanks

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • dcmitchum
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 15, 2006
          If the couple of mp3s you can find via the Hype Machine are
          representative of Taiga, Jeff is right --this stuff is not even in
          the ballpark with Feather float or Gold & Green --drums, yelping,
          chants>> i can get that lots of places.
          I'd like to hear DFA remix it though.
          Cant imagine spending money on an Afrirampo record, but even if it is
          a schtick, they are a joy to behold live

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "jeffwinterberg"
          <jeffwinterberg@...> wrote:

          > donny,
          > pardon me, i didn't understand that this forum was only for praise.
          it will be very
          > interesting to read people constantly fawning over every boredoms
          related release.
          > thanks for your help.
          > -jeff
          >

          > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, donny van zandt <oldbenway@>
          wrote:

          > > Goddamn them for making something you didn't like.
          > >
          > > Give me your Taiga, I'll trade it to you for my second copy of
          Green and Gold. You can

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 19, 2006
            Criticism and praise are often interrelated, and stuff peripherally
            related to Boredoms has been posted here for years. As far as
            criticizing releases, I've pointed out my definite distaste for most
            of WOW2 (and the live performance on that tour), though I love a lot
            of other Boredoms stuff. The main thing in the group is avoidance of
            Tourette's-style language and preventing sleazy would-be merchants
            from attempting to use this group to sell their stuff. And
            maintaining some semblance of relevance in postings.--- In