Re: OOIOO new album and Japan dates!

  • Just ask
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 21, 2006
      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:
      > i also talked to the boredoms/ooioo soundman who told me that they
      > want to tour america again next year and try and do the 77 drumkit
      > thing again.

      I can't speak regarding the 77 drummers project, but The Windish
      Agency (North and South American booking agency for Boredoms and
      OOIOO) has had them listed as available in 2007 ever since the tour
      ended. I'd imagine they'll assemble offers and see what can be arranged.
    • domsbore
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 22, 2006
        wow!
        last night was maybe the best show ive been to. the only one that beat
        ooioo live in nyc the other year.
        the sound was amazing, the new album sounded sooo good live. i didnt
        get all the way into taiga yet, but last night sent me flying into it.
        the new percusionist is also in olaibi, and she is fucking great. i
        cant imagine the show would have been anywhere near as amazing without
        her. she even overshadowed Ai at some times.
        i tryed to record it but my shitty sony MD let me down. if anyone has
        a recording of that show id love to get a copy.
        all new tracks, i think they played all of taiga and then closed with
        mountain book, which wasnt as good as the rest of the show.
        ooioo on stage look like they are from the flintstones, except much
        kooler!

        ive heard alot of ooioo live shows (check my slsk folder for them- im
        au.no) and they seem to have good days and bad days, but luckily ive
        only seen em on the good days.
        long live ooioo.

        im trying to get a job working in a food tent at fuji rock, which
        would mean i get to see them again!
        wish me luck

        oh, and check out this , its all of ooioo's videos.

        http://www.spaceshowertv.com/DAX/ooioosp.html