Re: OOIOO new album and Japan dates!

  • domsbore
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
      im going tomorrow in ebisu. i lost my job last week and had to make
      the decision between ooioo and eating fot the next three days.
      obviously ooioo won.
      did you record the show?
      im gonna try to get tomorrows show on MD. i will post it when i get it
      onto my mac.
      flying rythms too tomorrow. looking good.

      - In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > saw the osaka show and fell in love with the new material. watching
      ooioo, for me, is
      > not like watching the boredoms. the boredoms always seem super
      rehearsed like a
      > machine while ooioo seem more on the cuff.
      > anyway, they mostly played stuff off Taiga and threw in mountain
      book at the end
      > (but it looked like yoshimi was having trouble with it).
      >
      > taiga (FYI named after yoshimi's son) to me seems like a more raw
      version of kila kila
      > kila. no synths are used and the most of the strange sounds are
      merely an odd
      > combo of boss guitar pedals. there are also a lot more start/stop
      tricky time changes
      > and additional percussion. they actually had a second percussionist
      a the show too.

      > i also talked to the boredoms/ooioo soundman who told me that they
      want to tour
      > america again next year and try and do the 77 drumkit thing again.
      apparently the

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2006
        lucky you. that seemed like a better and cheaper show. sorry to hear about your job
        though.

        i didn't record it, cause my mp3 recorder has been on the fritz. probably would have
        sounded shitty anyway. have fun.

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, domsbore <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > --
        > im going tomorrow in ebisu. i lost my job last week and had to make
        > the decision between ooioo and eating fot the next three days.
        > obviously ooioo won.
        > did you record the show?
        > im gonna try to get tomorrows show on MD. i will post it when i get it
        > onto my mac.
        > flying rythms too tomorrow. looking good.
        >

        > - In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > saw the osaka show and fell in love with the new material. watching
        > ooioo, for me, is
        > > not like watching the boredoms. the boredoms always seem super
        > rehearsed like a
        > > machine while ooioo seem more on the cuff.
        > > anyway, they mostly played stuff off Taiga and threw in mountain
        > book at the end
        > > (but it looked like yoshimi was having trouble with it).
        > >
        > > taiga (FYI named after yoshimi's son) to me seems like a more raw
        > version of kila kila
        > > kila. no synths are used and the most of the strange sounds are
        > merely an odd
        > > combo of boss guitar pedals. there are also a lot more start/stop
        > tricky time changes
        > > and additional percussion. they actually had a second percussionist
        > a the show too.
        > >
        > > i also talked to the boredoms/ooioo soundman who told me that they
        > want to tour
        > > america again next year and try and do the 77 drumkit thing again.
        > apparently the
        > > deitch project people were "too stingy". i told him to hit up the
        > west coast (where i'll
        > > be) and he said he wasn't sure, but mostly likely on the same scale
        > as this years tour.
        > >
        > > ryan
        > >

        > > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, domsbore <no_reply@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > ooioo.jp
        > > >
        > > > !!!!!!!!!!!!
        > > >
        > > > and one with ESG, theres no way i can afford all this.

      • Just ask
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 21, 2006
          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:
          > i also talked to the boredoms/ooioo soundman who told me that they
          > want to tour america again next year and try and do the 77 drumkit
          > thing again.

          I can't speak regarding the 77 drummers project, but The Windish
          Agency (North and South American booking agency for Boredoms and
          OOIOO) has had them listed as available in 2007 ever since the tour
          ended. I'd imagine they'll assemble offers and see what can be arranged.
        • domsbore
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 22, 2006
            wow!
            last night was maybe the best show ive been to. the only one that beat
            ooioo live in nyc the other year.
            the sound was amazing, the new album sounded sooo good live. i didnt
            get all the way into taiga yet, but last night sent me flying into it.
            the new percusionist is also in olaibi, and she is fucking great. i
            cant imagine the show would have been anywhere near as amazing without
            her. she even overshadowed Ai at some times.
            i tryed to record it but my shitty sony MD let me down. if anyone has
            a recording of that show id love to get a copy.
            all new tracks, i think they played all of taiga and then closed with
            mountain book, which wasnt as good as the rest of the show.
            ooioo on stage look like they are from the flintstones, except much
            kooler!

            ive heard alot of ooioo live shows (check my slsk folder for them- im
            au.no) and they seem to have good days and bad days, but luckily ive
            only seen em on the good days.
            long live ooioo.

            im trying to get a job working in a food tent at fuji rock, which
            would mean i get to see them again!
            wish me luck

            oh, and check out this , its all of ooioo's videos.

            http://www.spaceshowertv.com/DAX/ooioosp.html