Boredoms, Webster Hall, NYC

  • Sivle_live
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2006
      Man! that was sooooo awesome. lightening bolt sounded great and i
      really should get some of their records... they played for about an
      hour? maybe more. people were into it and i saw a lot of girls
      nodding their heads to them which made me happy. it's so good to see
      a band that just plays where they want to. i hear they've played on
      the middle of the street before in Brooklyn?
      anyways, Ey3 came out with the "orb" and did a great chant/dance
      and actually incorporated it with the drummers later on. i can't
      remember how many 'songs' they played but it was sooooo tight. just
      incredible, ridiculous, and amazing. that disco song was tight! "yea-
      yea-yeah, oh-yo!" they had this huge red tower of light that came on
      and splashed us. Ey3 seemed to be having a great time and he did
      jump around and throwing his body around now and then. for the first
      encore i think they did song that started out with Ey3
      chanting "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuun." i call it the "sun oh" song since that
      was the lyric. i think that was the encore... anyways, then they
      came out the second time for another encore (the crowd was really
      making a lot of noise both times) and we did the "Acid!" "Polisu!"
      for a good 10 minutes with drums! and there was one more song and he
      said it was called something like "kuni?" i don't wear any earplugs
      and he speaks so softly i really couldn't decifer... after words he
      was so thankful saying "Arigato" and bowing. after the show i got
      to speak to him and say how great the show was and got a pic taken
      with him, again! oh, and i got the one shirt they had for sale and
      later realized it said 'Maxi Single, 12"' on the top right... i
      wonder if that means there is one coming out soon? i wonder why they
      didn't make any official "Vooredoms" shirts....
    • msginnis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
        Yes, it was amazing wasn't it? I got to see them in both Chicago and Cleveland. Before the
        Cleveland show I got to meet EYE and we spent a couple hours together at the local record
        shops. He's a really cool guy and I hope to see him again when I'm in Japan. At the Cleveland
        show they played Acid Police as well and the crowd even shouted out the intro for B for
        Boredoms but EYE told them "sorry, but we don't have a bass guitar."