OOIOO Video (TRY THIS INSTEAD)

  • Dan Clark
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2006
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztzKEuArgek

      OOIOO - New Song ??? from Upcoming album TIAGA Live At The Knitting
      Factory - Hollywood, CA November 6, 2004 Filmed by Dave Markey ...
      all » Transfered by Dan Clark

      This is a 5 minute segment from the show of a song I never heard
      before, the chapters were not set when this was burned but its very
      close, missed maybe 20 seconds of end.

      It must be new off their upcoming album called "TAIGA" which will be
      released in Japan & US this year. So I thought I'd start some promo
      for it.

      Japanese version July 4, 2006: http://www.1fct.com/ooioo/disco. html

      US version SEPT 12, 2006: http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/ ?
      id=100441

      OOIOO official site: http://www.ooioo.jp/

    • domsbore
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2006
        im pretty sure this is the second half of the opener song.
        i have recordings of the knitting factory shows in nyc and hollywood
        from that tour and the first song, with the drumming and tribal vocals
        is part of the same song.....i think. the play them together on both
        shows and they are linked together. i always thought it as being one
        long song.
        suppose ill find out on the 4th.

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Dan Clark <danclarkgraphics@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
          they played most songs blended together so I didn't know what to
          think? I recorded & filmed the H'wood Knit Fact.

          I don't have the NY one, can you torrent it or something?

          On Jun 30, 2006, at 11:27 PM, domsbore wrote:

          > them

        • Dan Clark
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
            Actually your right, here's the setlist NewAso is the second song.

            http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?
            action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nGAAAAJUEcy2oCHB8CgcQBnGuM2eW*u9F6Eo
            S8JUKgKis!jcMdPxmUQAAAAAAAAAA

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
              Here's the entire song:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3aw35jgOSE

              Another of the new songs they did was from a comp that has been
              released I think the song was called "Love Kika", I have it on disc
              but I'm not sure cause its not in my Itunes. There is also another
              comp song since KIla Kila Kila that exists, that's not on any album
              so I might have them mixed up. To bad that guy who did the side
              projects site doesn't anymore.

              I'm glad that the US version is coming out so soon after the Jap one,
              hope that means they'll tour the US for it soon!!

              Also, does the Grow Sound Tree Video online at the Thrill Jockey site
              work for anyone, it hasn't worked for me in a while, I was gonna copy
              it off there and put it on YouTube but it doesn't play.

              Please share the NY gig!!!

              Setlist for 11-6-04 (Can anyone translate the first song title?)
              http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View?
              u=4133638&a=31481464&p=74429343&Sequence=0&res=high

              or if that doesn't work start here

              http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4133638&f=0

              Also I made a Boredom & Family playlist, found lots of new stuff, its
              take forever to get it all on my ipod, FUCK. Still no "Grow Sound
              Tree" or "Azosan" which should be up its on that greatest hits cd
              right? I have it on video from a Jap TV show.

              http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=97EC29DF71E72AE9

            • domsbore
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
                one song or two, its a fucking amazing song anyway and i cant wait for
                the new album!i have the song called pokka pokka, its off "a tribute
                to walkman" which i didnt realise waas a band till someone told me
                this week......so its a cover????
                theres also a song called -she hates the butterfly frenchfried and
                yellosky- which seems to be off something called "balls to the wall
                magneta" along with a cover of respect. she hates frenchfries is half
                a song i never heard before but then turns into "she hates".
                i also have a few live shows from all different album tours whi are
                interesting. some are better than others. it sounds as if ooioo have
                their god and bad days live, but ive always been lucky enough to catch
                em on their amazing days.
                you can take it all off me on slsk.
                my name is au.no
                please take one at a time as im sure alot of people here are gonan try
                and get some stuff from me now and i want everyone to be able to get
                it and not have to wait too long.
                i am in japan and im online most late afternoon evenings on weekdays.
                please let me know youre from this board so i can take a look thru
                your files for interesting stuff.

                oh, i also have the nyc knit show on vid back in england.
              • domsbore
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
                  sorry,loke kila is off tribute to walkman/ which im not sure IS
                  anything to do with the band "walkmen"
                  pokka pokka is from "sweet dreams for fishermen"