[the boredoms] Re: Starlight Ballroom (and Webster Hall)

  • Just ask
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2006
      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, jason mullinax
      <littlegreenjason@...> wrote:
      > i'll be attending the show in philly and i had trouble finding info
      > on the place. what's the address?

      460 N 9th St. You can find more info at the promoter's web site
      (www.r5productions.com).

      If you drive there, I'm not quite sure what the parking situation is
      like. The Electric Factory is nearby, and my Philly friends say there
      are several pay lots nearby because of that club. I think there's
      regular street parking too, but seeing as how it'll be a Friday night
      in Philly, you'll need a little luck getting a spot.

      If you're not familiar with the area, I recommend bringing a map of
      the immediate area. Most of the streets are one-way, which isn't a
      big problem, but trying to get back onto I-676 or I-95 can be a bit of
      an adventure.

      > also, our tickets are will call. since the staff is supposedly
      > disorganized, should i expect problems getting my tickets?

      I'm sure you'll be okay. Just to be safe, though, bring the credit
      card you used and a printout of your confirmation e-mail. I've never
      actually needed the printout when using Will Call, but it's a smart
      thing to do in case there are problems. (I've needed the credit card
      and photo ID several times, though.)

      While we're at it, I have been to Webster Hall in New York. It's a
      pretty nice venue. (The urinals even have ice in them!) Parking in
      the area shouldn't be a problem since it'll be on a Sunday, and meters
      aren't enforced on Sundays. Even if they were enforced, free
      parking's limited but attainable if you're willing to walk a couple of
      blocks. (I think most of it is around E 10th St & 3rd Ave.) Subway
      access isn't perfect but isn't difficult either. Just remember, once
      again, that the show will be 18+. If you're under 18, do what you
      must to get to Philly.

      See you at the shows!