Boredoms in NYC

  • sucorius
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
      I don't know if people already know this, but...

      Boredoms @ Deitch was cancelled. Boredoms @ Webster Hall is July 2, 2006.
    • Brian suzuki
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
        WHHHAAAAATTTT???!!!!! i just bought my ticket to
        NYC... 7/5-17/06.... :( is Webster still NYC? ah... i
        won't bet here anyhow...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
          what a bummer. there was no way i could go, but the event sounded so cool
          nonetheless.
          i think they should do it next year same date. 7/7/07-kinda like the antithesis to all
          these 6/6/06 metal shows.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2007
            Celebrating their 20th anniversary, the legendary Japanese avant-garde
            rock band the Boredoms will debut 77 DRUM on 07/07/07 on the lawn of
            the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park section of Brooklyn Bridge Park.
            The band will lead 77 drummers in a once-in-a-lifetime performance.
            Doors open at 3:00 p.m. Performance at 5:00. FREE!
          • John
            Message 5 of 7 , May 9, 2007
              OH YEAH!!!! I'm in NY that week. Now, what's the story with admission
              I wonder? Tickets or first come, first served. I reckon that other
              'celeb' drummers will drive demand up, so I could be queueing for a
              while beforehand...

              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, sucorius <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Celebrating their 20th anniversary, the legendary Japanese avant-garde
              > rock band the Boredoms will debut 77 DRUM on 07/07/07 on the lawn of
              > the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park section of Brooklyn Bridge Park.
              > The band will lead 77 drummers in a once-in-a-lifetime performance.
              > Doors open at 3:00 p.m. Performance at 5:00. FREE!

            • joejanecek
              Message 6 of 7 , May 9, 2007
                actually, the band is looking for drummers, as well...

                from another list...

                >> hi guys -
                >>
                >> the boredoms - an incredible japanese group that sonic
                >> youth has been associated w/ for nearly 20 years are
                >> putting on a special show in brooklyn on july 7th.
                >>
                >> they are putting together an ensemble of 77 drummers
                >> (we toured japan last week w/ a 3 drummer version of
                >> this group and it was amazing) .
                >>
                >> anyways - they are looking for a few key drum leaders
                >> and then 70-soemthing additional drummers. I think this
                >> will be a lot of fun - I'd be there w/ you if I wasn't
                >> already booked out of town w/ sy .
                >>
                >> if you are at all interested please contact : Hisham
                >> via email -
                >>
                >> hbharoocha@...
                >>
                >> best wishes to everybody -
                >>
                >> steve shelley
              • trigger_goldberg
                Message 7 of 7 , May 9, 2007
                  I wrote to Hisham excitedly, hoping to apply for the position. He
                  didn't respond. Maybe he gets a lot of responses (Pitchfork did post
                  and then remove his e-mail address), or maybe it was that I live in
                  California and he didn't want to deal with anybody but locals...