Re: [the boredoms] Digest Number 782

  • Jim Butler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Yeah, I was there too. It was great, if a *touch* predictable -- but that's only predictable by Bore-standards, and having seen them many times before. By any other stanards, it was a thrilling evening. Better than the ATP performance than the week before, definitely. Much more energetic and unfettered. The biggest surprise was the new disco section that appeared behind Yoshimi's vocal section! Really enjoyed that (it was a low-key solo synth part last week).

      Oh, and one amusing encounter: a security guard warning Yoshimi's ...husband (maybe?), carrying their daughter, that the act would be strongly sexual and not appropriate for a four-year-old. "They will be throwing vibrators into the audience," he warned sternly. "Do you want your daughter to experience that?"
      I would love to know what he had been told about the band beforehand! He clearly had no idea who he was talking to, and had to radio for assistance. God bless hired goons.

      First time I've seen a Bore show with two encores too. So, really, yeah, it was brilliant.

      I did tape it to MD. Rather good quality, missing the second (brief) to fit it on one disc. Does anyone have any video footage they would care to trade?

      Jim

      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest: