Re: Has it ever been done before?

    Message 1 of 327 , Dec 14, 2001
      Instead of comparing them to other bands,I just
      relate my own amazement at their evolution.I got Soul
      Discharge back in'91,and I had never heard anything like
      it:it was so outrageous and uncompromising,and most
      importantly,like most Boredoms stuff,it had a sense of humor.Or
      should I say,a lack of self-consciousness that too much
      of Western music has.Then Pop Tatari,which mixed a
      bunch of different styles,and showed a great acid
      rock/psyche influence.To me the topper is Cory&Mandara
      Suicide Pyramid,amazing,and especially how it ends with
      Yoshimi and Eye?crooning like something out of a 70's
      blaxploitation film.This showed me they could play different
      styles of music perfectly,in addition to the incredible
      timing they have.Super AE was like the opposite,instead
      of screaming and stylistic changes every few
      seconds,they hit one groove and just kept going.I'm sure age
      figures into it,they are at least in their mid 30's
      aren't they?I thought I read Yamamoto is around 41.They
      are simply applying their ideas through different
      filters.
    • andonedreamer
      Message 327 of 327 , Jul 12, 2002
        wow i drove out from chicago to catch that pontiac MI show !!! Talk
        about unreal!!! I was worried about how the show would be without
        yoshikawa but they just transcended anything i was even remotely
        expecting....that show was even better than the Chicago show the next
        night primarily because their sound guy was a bit off on his timing
        on many effects...but pontiac was just absolutely perfect!

        -- In theboredoms@y..., alterego100usa <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > the shirt pictured on this site was purchased by me during the 1999
        > tour (pontiac mi), looks better in-person, though the design is as
        > intricate as it is relatively small. i passed on getting a shirt on
        > the lollapalooza tour 'way back when because that one was virtually
        > unreadable, though it was loaded with tiny characters all over.---
        In