DJ Chaos X CD-r Vs. Live Mixxx CD

  • Sivle_live
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 2:25 PM
      Soooo....

      after listening to it both... this is what i have to say...

      the CD-r bootleg actually starts from track #22 on the live mixx CD
      and seems to be the SAME tracks. just recorded off the tape in the
      wrong order (CD-r has 2 tracks side A + B, ~49+min, Live Mixx has 45
      tracks in 51min 23sec). but i haven't actually litened to it side by
      side yet to see if ALL songs are Exactly the same... but i think it
      most likely is.

      sound quality is very different. it almost feels like there were
      things added to this Live Mixxx CD during remastering or perhpas it's
      just that much more crisp. but i guess any boot off of a tape will
      never sound as good as a digital recording off the master tape.

      so there you go kids. get one and you get the idea. a little
      dissapointed but glad to have this confirmed! :) have a chaotic day!
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 6:52 PM
        okay, i think i have some this sorted...
        first, my cd also has the "promotional" written on it so i think they all have it.

        i think when the folks at superman cha cha got ahold of the original DJ Chaos X
        cassette they simply got the sides wrong when they laid it down. i know realize the
        track you were talking about, brian. i just hadn't listened to the mix enough to put 2
        and 2 together.
        ----
        so most of you don't have this yet so i imagine you couldn't care less about this whole
        thread. BUT if you really really really want a copy of this...
        yesterday, i went back to the store where i found my copy of the live mixxx and
        realized there were 2 more copies. if anyone wants to work out a deal email offlist.
        i also asked the guy where he ordered his copies from and he said CISCO www.cisco-
        records.co.jp was the main distributor which makes sense because they also
        distributed the lift boyz 12" (the first one). but cisco doesn't have it on the website so
        i dunno. they might be waiting on some more to be pressed.

        ryan