Re: [the boredoms] new dj chaos x cd

  • Idolcrash
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 18, 2006
      Well, it looks like it is Eye, and it is good shit.
      Tees at Tower Japan:
      http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitemap/CSfCardMain.jsp?GOODS_NO=926201&GOODS_SORT_CD=105
      More tees:
      http://www.beamst.com/cgi/item_detail.php3?qId=75-14-0178-214&qLang=en
      A CD-R repress of the old first tape:
      http://www.fusetronsound.com/label.php?whomart=DJCHAOSX

      It looks like Otai Records has it, but does not ship to America (their
      registration only takes Japanese addresses): http://www.otaiweb.com/

      fastyouth81 wrote:

      > i never heard the first bootlegged one, but this new one is fucking
      > outta control.
      > makes dj pica pica pica look like dj tanner. mostly goofy hardcore
      > with some reggae
      > and unfiliable music in between tweaked and manipulated to the maximum
      > effects. i
      > think it was recorded live too.
      > i'm not sure where you can get one online-it was hard enough finding
      > it in japan. but
      > if you find it, i highly recommend it especially those into the more
      > early boredoms
      > catalog or hanatarash.
      >
      > ryan

    • Sivle_live
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 24, 2006
        Thanks for the info. got my mom to buy me a CD and a shirt!!!!
        WooHoo!! couple of weeks and i should get it. i read on the site that
        the DJ Chaos X CD is a remastered CD of the old tape from 2001.
      • Idolcrash
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 24, 2006
          The first one is. The new one is from a live (although it was probably
          also taken from a tape, I doubt it) and is still sold out pretty much
          everywhere. The first one is pretty easy to find, on the other hand.

          Sivle_live wrote:

          > Thanks for the info. got my mom to buy me a CD and a shirt!!!!
          > WooHoo!! couple of weeks and i should get it. i read on the site that
          > the DJ Chaos X CD is a remastered CD of the old tape from 2001.

          > Japan apartment
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Japan+apartment&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=XaNmuTmCW9rfxwijdik_Rw>
          > Japan hotel reservation
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Japan+hotel+reservation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=rWbE1ldGIUM0ekeFRxUr2g>
          > Japan cell phone rental
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=nmwYDIUcMFCm_jOgCq7L-g>
          >
          > Japanese translation
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Japanese+translation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=q8hZnpnpVZsoWj3udQ95oA>
          > Japanese incense
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Japanese+incense&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=B9rY6nS8JMenUVyKkF0Udg>
          > Japan calling card
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Japan+calling+card&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=cagHGjKpDpUf9JUKMYqeZw>

        • Sivle_live
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 24, 2006
            I got the first bootleg (CD-R) from Fusetronsound. The Live MiXXX CD i
            got from Otai Website. every website that i went to to look for this
            Live Mixxx said the same thing in Japanese, that it's a remastering
            from a 2001 promo tape (limited 300) that eYe handed out at some Bore
            shows... now whether these website are right or wrong i dont' know...
            i'm just saying that that's what it said.

            on that note... i can't wait to get them in my little hands and listen
            to them while i wear the DJ Chaos X baseball shirt!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 24, 2006
              I must've misread something then. I still need to get a decent cassette
              player so I can rip this Boretronix 3 (that's right, 3, not the more
              prevalent 2) tape that I've had for a few months :(
              Is Otai back in stock with them? It figures as soon as it comes back my
              car gets totaled and I need to get a new one.

              And you spent 60K yen on a t-shirt? Do you know how much that is in USD?
              You must have good money if you can spend nearly $60 on a t-shirt....

              Sivle_live wrote:

              > I got the first bootleg (CD-R) from Fusetronsound. The Live MiXXX CD i
              > got from Otai Website. every website that i went to to look for this
              > Live Mixxx said the same thing in Japanese, that it's a remastering
              > from a 2001 promo tape (limited 300) that eYe handed out at some Bore
              > shows... now whether these website are right or wrong i dont' know...
              > i'm just saying that that's what it said.
              >
              > on that note... i can't wait to get them in my little hands and listen
              > to them while i wear the DJ Chaos X baseball shirt!!!!!!
              >

              > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Idolcrash <idolcrash@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > The first one is. The new one is from a live (although it was
              > probably
              > > also taken from a tape, I doubt it) and is still sold out pretty
              > much
              > > everywhere. The first one is pretty easy to find, on the other
              > hand.
              > >
              > > Sivle_live wrote:
              > >
              > > > Thanks for the info. got my mom to buy me a CD and a shirt!!!!
              > > > WooHoo!! couple of weeks and i should get it. i read on the site
              > that
              > > > the DJ Chaos X CD is a remastered CD of the old tape from 2001.

            • Brian suzuki
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 25, 2006
                Hey Idol,

                Thanks for the quick yen to USD conversion (BTW it's
                6.8K yen and yes it's about $60). in Japan, nice
                shirts are always pricey but hey then again i've paid
                about the same for some CDs. i've always wanted to
                hear some of these legendary Boretronix Tapes... i've
                been working on collecting some of the old Hanatarash
                7" (so far Hanatarash & his eye [this one a promo copy
                of #85!!]& total retardation) but i need to get a turn
                table!!! :) anyhoo... i think i get the old DJ Choas x
                on Thursday and probably won't get the Live Mixxx &
                the shirt for another few weeks... i think the shirt
                is worth it though... i wish i could've gotten the
                other design as well... (i got the smiley cross bone
                in black and grey)

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Idolcrash
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 25, 2006
                  Turntables are good investments, especially if you are into underground
                  music. Of course, you won't get all the Hanatarash things, Matt Kaufmann
                  (Matt Exile) has the CD that Eye sold with his tooth, limited to one copy :P

                  Hope you're planning on sharing the DJ Chaos X CD for those of us with
                  no money (once i can get a decent cassette deck I'm ripping the
                  Boretronix tape) ;)

                  Brian suzuki wrote:

                  > Hey Idol,
                  >
                  > Thanks for the quick yen to USD conversion (BTW it's
                  > 6.8K yen and yes it's about $60). in Japan, nice
                  > shirts are always pricey but hey then again i've paid
                  > about the same for some CDs. i've always wanted to
                  > hear some of these legendary Boretronix Tapes... i've
                  > been working on collecting some of the old Hanatarash
                  > 7" (so far Hanatarash & his eye [this one a promo copy
                  > of #85!!]& total retardation) but i need to get a turn
                  > table!!! :) anyhoo... i think i get the old DJ Choas x
                  > on Thursday and probably won't get the Live Mixxx &
                  > the shirt for another few weeks... i think the shirt
                  > is worth it though... i wish i could've gotten the
                  > other design as well... (i got the smiley cross bone
                  > in black and grey)

                • Brian suzuki
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 25, 2006
                    let me know when you get that tape deck!!

                    *wink wink*
                    *nudge nudge*

                    p.s.- i did read about that one off... wasn't it a
                    Karaoke recording of him doing the "born to be wild"
                    or something?? it's hard to be a completist for eYe's
                    stuff it seems... so many little side records...
                    thinking about tracking down some of them Lift Boys
                    stuff...

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Idolcrash
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 25, 2006
                      Well it is titled 'Born to Be Wild' so I think that's what he was
                      supposed to be singing, but according to an article in Exile Osaka it
                      was him and a bunch of friends screwing around at a karaoke bar.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 26, 2006
                        hey i don't mind sharing it either!
                        i'm actually surprised that this is so hard to get now. it only came out like a month
                        ago!
                        but to be clear, is this new one an actual new mix or just a reissue of the first one on
                        CDr? the details behind them are very similar, but the new one seems more legit.

                        brian, it looks like you're getting both. you know for sure that these are different
                        mixes?

                        ryan

                        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Idolcrash <idolcrash@...> wrote:

                        > Turntables are good investments, especially if you are into underground
                        > music. Of course, you won't get all the Hanatarash things, Matt Kaufmann
                        > (Matt Exile) has the CD that Eye sold with his tooth, limited to one copy :P
                        >
                        > Hope you're planning on sharing the DJ Chaos X CD for those of us with
                        > no money (once i can get a decent cassette deck I'm ripping the
                        > Boretronix tape) ;)
                        >
                        > Brian suzuki wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hey Idol,
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for the quick yen to USD conversion (BTW it's
                        > > 6.8K yen and yes it's about $60). in Japan, nice
                        > > shirts are always pricey but hey then again i've paid
                        > > about the same for some CDs. i've always wanted to
                        > > hear some of these legendary Boretronix Tapes... i've
                        > > been working on collecting some of the old Hanatarash
                        > > 7" (so far Hanatarash & his eye [this one a promo copy
                        > > of #85!!]& total retardation) but i need to get a turn
                        > > table!!! :) anyhoo... i think i get the old DJ Choas x
                        > > on Thursday and probably won't get the Live Mixxx &
                        > > the shirt for another few weeks... i think the shirt
                        > > is worth it though... i wish i could've gotten the
                        > > other design as well... (i got the smiley cross bone
                        > > in black and grey)

                        > > <mailto:theboredoms-

                      • Sivle_live
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 26, 2006
                          Hey Ryan,

                          you know... i was wondering about the differences as well but i
                          figure if i buy both i can tell for sure when i get them in my
                          sweaty little hands. worst case i get one crappy bootleg and one
                          crisp remastered version. if not then i'll have two different mixes.
                          the description for both are pretty much the same (source:fusetron
                          sound selling old CD-r vs otai & all other japanese websites selling
                          Live Mixxx)... i can't say for sure what the "truth" here is until i
                          get both. (i'll get the bootleg tomorrow, and the Live mixxx
                          whenever my mom gets it and sends it to me... may take awhile). i
                          hope they are two different ones... i really love the DJ pica pica
                          pica CD so anything with eYe DJing would be great in my collection
                          anyway!

                          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                          > hey i don't mind sharing it either!
                          > i'm actually surprised that this is so hard to get now. it only
                          came out like a month
                          > ago!
                          > but to be clear, is this new one an actual new mix or just a
                          reissue of the first one on
                          > CDr? the details behind them are very similar, but the new one
                          seems more legit.

                          > brian, it looks like you're getting both. you know for sure that
                          these are different
                          > mixes?
                          >
                          > ryan
                        • Brian suzuki
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 27, 2006
                            Heya ryan,

                            so i got my bootleg DJ Chaos X today. haven't had a
                            chance to listen to the whole thing yet but wanted to
                            see how the start compares to your "new & live"
                            version. so far it doesn't sound live but i'm at work
                            and i can't blast it... ya know... anyhow, mine starts
                            with a mellow piano or picolo? with a lady singing
                            "aaahhh" very atmospherically, then it's a japanese
                            lady talking (it's from an old anime called spaceship
                            Yamato) then some dude talking in japanese, then goes
                            into some clanky/echoey stomping/beat(?) with some
                            little girl saying "go away danny!" or something with
                            some kid rapping (sort of), then into a sped up 80's
                            pop tune, then some sitar sounds with what sounds like
                            the beatles... that's as far as i got and it's no more
                            than the first 2-3 min. there. let me know how it
                            compares to what you got!

                            oh, this came witht eh photo copy of the original
                            cassette artwork which is one of the KISS guy doing
                            the devil horn sign. man... i hope my mom ordered my
                            CD already...

                            http://mail.yahoo.com