RE: [the boredoms] Re: New Box-set, touring

  • Arthur Gadney
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2006
      >be sure to check out the show on saturday at the asahi golden shite in
      >asakusa. yoshimi and ua duo for starters, then yoshihide/sachiko
      >m/yoshimi/aya/mats gustafason and some more people. theres the same
      >line up the night before somewhere else but with jim orouke playing
      >too, so maybe he will be there on saturday. either way. a great month
      >for gigs in tokyo! thanx for the info.

      If somebody goes, please post a comment after. Looks amazing!
    • midnightoconnor
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10, 2006
        the NANTES show on May 24th will be at The IDEAL festival

        Twisted Robot
        www.twistedrobot.com

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "ok" <bishounen_boy@...> wrote:

        > from www.tinymixtapes.com
        >
        > New Boredoms box set! Might be old material though... and it looks
        > like those dates have been confirmed again.
        >
        > ""
        > Boredoms Release 6-CD Box Set, Voordoms Tour as Boredoms
        >
        > Is it just me, or does anyone else find it tough to uncover news about
        > the Boredoms? With such a dedicated fanbase, you'd think fans of the
        > Boredoms would have some sort of streamlined networkin' going on.
        > Like: HOLY SHIT!! They just confirmed a full-length U.S. tour!! With
        > such a dedicated fanbase, I think I will make use of our streamlined
        > network and announce it on our mailing list!!! Not so. Unfortunately,
        > Boredoms news is like resource assistance for rural environments or a
        > ronne Antarctic research expedition or a retinoic acid response
        > element or réseaux associés pour la recherche Européenne or THAT
        > BLEEDING PIECE OF MEAT ON MY DAD'S PLATE.
        >
        > Speaking of album releases, Vice recently told TMT that The Boredoms
        > are set to release a 6-CD box set. No street date has been set, and
        > there really isn't information beyond what I've already said ("The
        > Boredoms are set to release a 6-CD box set"), but it's exciting
        > nonetheless! What is yet to be uncovered, though, is even a general
        > description of the box set. Since, technically, the Boredoms are now
        > named the Voordoms (fun fact: the "V" in Voordoms represents a
        > turntable stylus, the infinity symbol that's supposed to be there
        > represents two records, and the band is the motor), questions remain:
        > will the box feature old demos, jams, and maybe live material from the
        > Boredoms era? Or will this actually be six discs of NEW material??
        >
        > In any case, the Voordoms have confirmed some gigs surrounding their
        > two festival appearances, most likely under the Boredoms moniker to
        > prevent confusion (as they've done in the past). First, they'll be
        > playing a handful of European shows after weekend two, day two of the
        > United Sounds of ATP UK 2006 fest. A month later, the group will play
        > the Vice-curated Intonation Festival in Chicago, which will finally
        > bring them back in the U.S., back in the U.S., back in the U.S.A.,
        > including confirmed dates in Columbus, OH and my home state...
        > MINNESOTA!! Land of 10,000 lakes and home to Mickey's Diner!! U-S-A!!
        > U-S-A!!!
        >
        > Down in Fraggle Rock:
        >
        > 05.20.06 - Camber Sands, UK - Camber Sands Holiday Centre (ATP)
        > 05.22.06 - Berlin, Germany - Maria
        > 05.24.06 - Nantes, France - TBA
        > 05.26.06 - Dublin, Ireland - Temple Bar Music Centre
        > 05.29.06 - London, UK - Sheperds Bush Empire
        > 06.24.06 - Chicago, IL - Intonation Festival
        > 06.25.06 - St. Paul, MN - Turf Club
        > 06.27.06 - Columbus, OH - Wexner Center
        > ""

      • domsbore
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 10, 2006
          i went to the last one of these nights. the same place in asakusa with
          flying rythms/ mani neumeier from guru guru/ then olaibi.

          olaibi seem to be itaci + aya and yoshimi. 3 girls on percusion with
          aya on bass and yoshimi singing. i bought the cd....very nice. mani
          kicked some ass playing on his own and rattling some things on the
          floor next to the first act "flying rythms" who were maybe the best of
          the night. a black guy and a japanese guy playing
          drums/drumkits/congas. in a similar vein to vooredoms but obviously
          not the same at all. the asahi place is a very nice room, very nice
          sound. so im looking forward to saturday.

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 10, 2006
            >olaibi seem to be itaci + aya and yoshimi. 3 girls on percusion with
            >aya on bass and yoshimi singing. i bought the cd....very nice.

            Yoshimi has a new band and CD out? I didn't know anything about that.

            Is there any more info or even sound files online? I'd like to know more,
            but can't find much

            >not the same at all. the asahi place is a very nice room, very nice
            >sound. so im looking forward to saturday.

            Yeah, should be good
          • wijte
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 10, 2006
              My sister, who works at the Walker Art Center, in Minneapolis said that
              there are some rumours that they may be playing there at the Walker.
              Which wouldn't be at all impossible, since Black Dice and Boris have
              played there. I'll let you all know more if/when I get updates from my
              sis.

              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@...>
              wrote:

              > I just caught this piece of news at random looking for something else.
              > Hope the tour dates stick.The Turf Club in St.Paul is a strange
              > choice,it's not that big and is usually for very
              > underground/unknown/local bands,they've never played there before and
              > I thought they would play one of the usual places in Minneapolis.

            • domsbore
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 11, 2006
                no, its not yoshimi's band.
                the womans name is OLAibi. its her plus another percusionist plus
                aya, yoshimi and ai.
                i think ( but am not sure) that Ai plus the two ladies not in ooioo
                are a band called itaci. i dont know itaci but ill be finding out.

                you should be able to find the OLAibi cd from one of the jp record
                shops online.
                its called humming moon drip. they have been playing quite often in
                japan over the last month.
                its not as interesting as ooioo obviously, but worth picking up.

                Message 7 of 14 , May 7 3:56 PM
                  20 drummers!!!??? I thought three was amazing, but twenty?--- In
                  theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  of the
                  > > United Sounds of ATP UK 2006 fest. A month later, the group will
                  play
                  > > the Vice-curated Intonation Festival in Chicago, which will
                  finally
                  > > bring them back in the U.S., back in the U.S., back in the
                  U.S.A.,
                  > > including confirmed dates in Columbus, OH and my home state...
                  > > MINNESOTA!! Land of 10,000 lakes and home to Mickey's Diner!! U-
                  S-A!!
                  > > U-S-A!!!
                  > >
                  > > Down in Fraggle Rock:
                  > >
                  > > 05.20.06 - Camber Sands, UK - Camber Sands Holiday Centre (ATP)
                  > > 05.22.06 - Berlin, Germany - Maria
                  > > 05.24.06 - Nantes, France - TBA
                  > > 05.26.06 - Dublin, Ireland - Temple Bar Music Centre
                  > > 05.29.06 - London, UK - Sheperds Bush Empire
                  > > 06.24.06 - Chicago, IL - Intonation Festival

                • donny van zandt
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 8 10:57 AM
                    Wow just saw Lightning Bolt is supporting Boredoms in Philly.

                    This is gonna be good--driving up from DC to see it.