Re: Seiichi Yamamoto

  • trigger_goldberg
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
      Could this be the first Yamamoto album that I ... don't like??? *gasp*

      The mp3 was okay. Personally, I thought it a tad reminiscent of the
      cheesier of 80s fusion, unfortunately. Perhaps he's hanging out with
      the wrong crowd (these ROVO playin' types).

      Anyway, does anyone know what this album is called?

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "dcmitchum" <dmitchum@...> wrote:

      > The folks at Dusted have posted an MP3 from the latest Yamamoto
      > solo LP in their feature on Sounds from Japan:
      >
      > http://www.dustedmagazine.com/features/488

    • Quintus Frimschlowder VIII
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2006
        I recall buying one of Yamamoto's Tzadik albums a while back - I think it
        was Baptism. It was a bunch of solo guitar pieces with mostly no effects.
        The spareseness was interesting, and I enjoyed it for a little while, but
        after three or four listens it found a fairly permanent home on my shelf and
        hasn't really been played since.

        That said, I adore his work with Rovo and pretty much everything else of his
        that I've heard.

        Brendan
        http://scatterbrain.raygunarmy.com/