Boredoms in Chicago

  • blastercaps
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
      In case you haven't already heard (and I'm sure you have but bear with
      me for those that haven't) we've got the Boredoms proper to play the
      Intonation Fest, as in ALL the original members and blasting through
      songs off the OLDER albums! Tickets are going super fast, help spread
      the word!

      http://www.intonationmusicfest.com/
    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
        What. Hard to believe. Can somebody confirm this? What is the lineup for the
        European shows?

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
          This will be just a special ONE-OFF show per our own special request
          and NOT a full fledged tour so come out to Chicago and relive the
          good stuff!

          Check our website for crying out loud!

          Peace!

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur Gadney" <a_gadney@...>
          wrote:

          > What. Hard to believe. Can somebody confirm this? What is the
          lineup for the
          > European shows?
          >

          > >From: "blastercaps" <blastercaps@...>
          > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [the boredoms] Boredoms in Chicago
          > >Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:33:42 -0000
          > >
          > >In case you haven't already heard (and I'm sure you have but bear
          with
          > >me for those that haven't) we've got the Boredoms proper to play
          the
          > >Intonation Fest, as in ALL the original members and blasting
          through
          > >songs off the OLDER albums! Tickets are going super fast, help
          spread
          > >the word!
          > >
          > >http://www.intonationmusicfest.com/

        • Jonathan Williams
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
            On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:48 AM, blastercaps wrote:

            > This will be just a special ONE-OFF show per our own special request
            > and NOT a full fledged tour so come out to Chicago and relive the
            > good stuff!
            >
            > Check our website for crying out loud!

            Your website has NO FURTHER INFO. You waste; you little man.
          • blastercaps
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
              OK, whatever. I just thought I would mention this show here since it's
              been known in Chicago for awhile now but hasn't even been mentioned
              here at all. We are just trying to put together a great positive event
              here and really don't need the support of negative cynics, just thought
              I'd be helpful and give fans here a heads up because our presale
              tickets are already completely sold out and the day of the Boredoms
              show is 3/4 sold out. For everyone else who love this band definitely
              come out and support! I won't bother this 'group' anymore.

              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Williams
              <jonathan.williams@...> wrote:

              > On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:48 AM, blastercaps wrote:
              >
              > > This will be just a special ONE-OFF show per our own special request
              > > and NOT a full fledged tour so come out to Chicago and relive the
              > > good stuff!
              > >
              > > Check our website for crying out loud!
              >
              > Your website has NO FURTHER INFO. You waste; you little man.

            • Yatra Arts
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
                please continue to post here... the info is great!

                <jonathan.williams@...> wrote:

                > On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:48 AM, blastercaps wrote:
                >
                > > This will be just a special ONE-OFF show per our own special request
                > > and NOT a full fledged tour so come out to Chicago and relive the
                > > good stuff!
                > >
                > > Check our website for crying out loud!
                >
                > Your website has NO FURTHER INFO. You waste; you little man.

              • andonedreamer
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
                  Maybe you should read up on the past Intonation Festival events before
                  ripping on this person. The fest handpicks some of the best currators
                  that have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on in music today.
                  Word has been around about this new Chicago Boredoms show ever since we
                  got a taste of 'Acid Police' during the Vooredoms show here, and ever
                  since some helpful promoters and supporters here have vowed to pool
                  together whatever meager funds they have to get this dream together.
                  Of course, this would have to happen after I move out of Chicago but
                  I'll be back for this for sure!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
                    Gatekeepers don't mean shit to me, bub. I'm glad you respect Vice so
                    much though; real quality bunch of brownshirts right there. I guess
                    they make Pitchfork look cuddly by comparison.

                    And FYI, I was ripping on him for having A CRAPPY WEBSITE with NO
                    INFO of ANY USE. Rambling crap from people on pseudonymous yahoo
                    accounts are not proper sources of information.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
                      anyways, back to the topic at hand. so when you say all the original members, you
                      mean bring back yamamoto and hira? cause i doubt yoshikawa would do it, or woud
                      he? and E-DA lives in Europe so i dunno about him either.

                      damn, i wish i could be there. i hope they do a warmup show in japan

                      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, andonedreamer <no_reply@...> wrote:

                      > Maybe you should read up on the past Intonation Festival events before
                      > ripping on this person. The fest handpicks some of the best currators
                      > that have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on in music today.
                      > Word has been around about this new Chicago Boredoms show ever since we
                      > got a taste of 'Acid Police' during the Vooredoms show here, and ever
                      > since some helpful promoters and supporters here have vowed to pool
                      > together whatever meager funds they have to get this dream together.
                      > Of course, this would have to happen after I move out of Chicago but
                      > I'll be back for this for sure!
                      >
                      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Williams
                      > <jonathan.williams@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:48 AM, blastercaps wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > This will be just a special ONE-OFF show per our own special request
                      > > > and NOT a full fledged tour so come out to Chicago and relive the
                      > > > good stuff!
                      > > >
                      > > > Check our website for crying out loud!
                      > >
                      > > Your website has NO FURTHER INFO. You waste; you little man.

                    • gygax
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 20, 2006
                        Yamamoto has not made any mention of any Boredoms
                        reunion dates on his schedule:

                        http://www.japanimprov.com/syamamoto/schedule.html

                        I'm skeptical, simply because I've talked to Yamamoto
                        about his departure from the Boredoms. Barry
                        Hogan/The Foundation routinely books v00redoms for ATP
                        and related events under the name Boredoms, which is
                        not what that lineup calls itself in Japan
                        (v00redoms).

                        Prove me wrong though, I'd like to see that lineup
                        again.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 5, 2006
                          Just to follow-up, I checked with the booking agent
                          and he said that the "Boredoms" line-up has not been
                          confirmed for the Intonation tour yet.

                          I'd like to hear a follow-up from blastercaps to
                          confirm that Hila and Yamamotor are indeed booked for
                          the show.

                          Otherwise his original post is just fluff/false
                          advertising. Caveat emptor.