Skip to search.

Re: [the boredoms] Two disc mix compilation of Boredoms music

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
      The earlier stuff can be good, but I'm not especially as fond of WOW
      2, as the group put out far superior material both before and after
      that release. I saw them on tour when it came out, and the live show
      was far less appealing than the group turned out to be when I saw
      them on the Lollapalooza tour and in 1999. I haven't played WOW 2
      more than a couple of times ever, though I'll play Chocolate
      Synthesizer and other albums very often...-- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wijte" <wijte@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for your feedback, Idolcrash.
      >
      > Bear in mind that I'm making these mixes for my friend primarily
      as
      > something he'll enjoying listening to, and only secondarily as an
      > historical overview of their career. Knowing his taste, I felt
      that
      > he'd really enjoy the later material a ton. So that's kind of how
      > was approaching this. And you'll see that I did include three
      tunes
      > from Soul Discharge. I tried to find things from Onanie Bomb and
      Wow
      > 2 that would work with the rest of the material, but didn't find
      any
      > tracks that seemed like they would fit particularly well.
      > Unfortunately, I don't have any side projects from the early years-
      > wish I did!
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Andres
      >

      > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Idolcrash <idolcrash@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't think it'd be too helpful to only focus on one part of
      the
      > > band's output (nor would it be fair). Personally, some of the
      more
      > > interesting outpout was during the early years (not only be The
      > > Boredoms, but the side-projects then as well), musically and
      > visually.
      > > Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the newer stuff, but I've always had
      > > special place for the older material, and I think its unfair
      that
      > you
      > > are leaving out some of their greatest material (OBMtSP, Wow2,
      SD).
      > As
      > > for the Super Roots series, a track or two from and and six
      should
      > be
      > > sufficient.
      > >
      > > wijte wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi guys. I just put together two discs of Boredoms tunes for a
      > > > friend. Wanted to show you all what stuff I included... Tunes
      from
      > > > the following albums are included: Soul Discharge '99, Pop
      Tatari,
      > > > Chocolate Synthesizer, Super Roots 6, Super AE, Vision Creation
      > > > Newsun, Rebore Vol. 0, Rebore Vol. 2, and Seadrum/House of
      Sun. I
      > > > also have Wow 2, Onanie Bomb Meets the Sex Pistols, Super
      Roots 5,
      > > > and Soul Discharge/Early Boredoms, but decided not to included
      any
      > > > tunes from those in the mixes. I tried to focus heavily on the
      > second-
      > > > wave (i.e. Super Roots 6 and on) of the band's career, so 80%
      of
      > the
      > > > music on these discs consist of that era's music.
      > > >
      > > > Here are the tracklists:
      > > >
      > > > Disc 1: Sunsplatters
      > > >
      > > > 1. "15"
      > > > 2. "77777" [from Rebore 0]
      > > > 3. "Your Name Is Limitless"
      > > > 4. "Super Shine"
      > > > 5. "11" [from SR6]
      > > > 6. excerpt from "Rebore Vol. 2" [this excerpt is from about
      38:16
      > > > until the end of the disc, so it's about 12:05 long]
      > > > 7. "Smoke 7"
      > > > 8. "Cory & The Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action Or Gas Satori"
      > > > 9. "7777" [from Rebore 0]
      > > > 10. "8" [from SR6]
      > > > 11. "(Star/Heart)" [this track is a single mp3 of these two
      tunes
      > > > stitched together]
      > > >
      > > > Disc 2: The eYes of the World
      > > >
      > > > 1. "Super Going"
      > > > 2. "9" [from SR6]
      > > > 3. "J.B. Dick + TinTurner Pussy"
      > > > 4. "77" [from Rebore 0]
      > > > 5. "Z & U & T & A"
      > > > 6. "3" [from SR6]
      > > > 7. "Shock City"
      > > > 8. " (Zutto)"
      > > > 9. "Poy (Mockin' Fuzz1)"
      > > > 10. "Seadrum"
      > > >

      > > > So watcha think?
      > > >
      > > > -Andres

      > > > Japan apartment
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

      t=ms&k=Japan+apartment&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&

      3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense
      &
      > w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=XaNmuTmCW9rfxwijdik_Rw>
      > > > Japan hotel reservation
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

      t=ms&k=Japan+hotel+reservation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+rese

      vation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese
      +

      incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=rWbE1ldGIUM0ekeFRxUr2g>
      > > > Japan cell phone rental
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

      t=ms&k=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+rese

      vation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese
      +
      > incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=nmwYDIUcMFCm_jOgCq7L-
      g>

      > > > Japanese translation
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

      t=ms&k=Japanese+translation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reserva

      ion&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+in
      > ense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=q8hZnpnpVZsoWj3udQ95oA>
      > > > Japanese incense
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

      t=ms&k=Japanese+incense&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation
      &

      w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incens
      > &w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=B9rY6nS8JMenUVyKkF0Udg>
      > > > Japan calling card
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

      t=ms&k=Japan+calling+card&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservati

      n&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+ince
      > se&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=cagHGjKpDpUf9JUKMYqeZw>
      > > >

      > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > > >
      > > > * Visit your group "theboredoms
      > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theboredoms>" on the web.

      > subject=Unsubscribe>