Re: [the boredoms] Two disc mix compilation of Boredoms music

  • wijte
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
      Thanks for your feedback, Idolcrash.

      Bear in mind that I'm making these mixes for my friend primarily as
      something he'll enjoying listening to, and only secondarily as an
      historical overview of their career. Knowing his taste, I felt that
      he'd really enjoy the later material a ton. So that's kind of how I
      was approaching this. And you'll see that I did include three tunes
      from Soul Discharge. I tried to find things from Onanie Bomb and Wow
      2 that would work with the rest of the material, but didn't find any
      tracks that seemed like they would fit particularly well.
      Unfortunately, I don't have any side projects from the early years- I
      wish I did!

      Cheers,

      Andres

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Idolcrash <idolcrash@...> wrote:

      > I don't think it'd be too helpful to only focus on one part of the
      > band's output (nor would it be fair). Personally, some of the more
      > interesting outpout was during the early years (not only be The
      > Boredoms, but the side-projects then as well), musically and
      visually.
      > Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the newer stuff, but I've always had a
      > special place for the older material, and I think its unfair that
      you
      > are leaving out some of their greatest material (OBMtSP, Wow2, SD).
      As
      > for the Super Roots series, a track or two from and and six should
      be
      > sufficient.
      >
      > wijte wrote:
      >
      > > Hi guys. I just put together two discs of Boredoms tunes for a
      > > friend. Wanted to show you all what stuff I included... Tunes from
      > > the following albums are included: Soul Discharge '99, Pop Tatari,
      > > Chocolate Synthesizer, Super Roots 6, Super AE, Vision Creation
      > > Newsun, Rebore Vol. 0, Rebore Vol. 2, and Seadrum/House of Sun. I
      > > also have Wow 2, Onanie Bomb Meets the Sex Pistols, Super Roots 5,
      > > and Soul Discharge/Early Boredoms, but decided not to included any
      > > tunes from those in the mixes. I tried to focus heavily on the
      second-
      > > wave (i.e. Super Roots 6 and on) of the band's career, so 80% of
      the
      > > music on these discs consist of that era's music.
      > >
      > > Here are the tracklists:
      > >
      > > Disc 1: Sunsplatters
      > >
      > > 1. "15"
      > > 2. "77777" [from Rebore 0]
      > > 3. "Your Name Is Limitless"
      > > 4. "Super Shine"
      > > 5. "11" [from SR6]
      > > 6. excerpt from "Rebore Vol. 2" [this excerpt is from about 38:16
      > > until the end of the disc, so it's about 12:05 long]
      > > 7. "Smoke 7"
      > > 8. "Cory & The Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action Or Gas Satori"
      > > 9. "7777" [from Rebore 0]
      > > 10. "8" [from SR6]
      > > 11. "(Star/Heart)" [this track is a single mp3 of these two tunes
      > > stitched together]
      > >
      > > Disc 2: The eYes of the World
      > >
      > > 1. "Super Going"
      > > 2. "9" [from SR6]
      > > 3. "J.B. Dick + TinTurner Pussy"
      > > 4. "77" [from Rebore 0]
      > > 5. "Z & U & T & A"
      > > 6. "3" [from SR6]
      > > 7. "Shock City"
      > > 8. " (Zutto)"
      > > 9. "Poy (Mockin' Fuzz1)"
      > > 10. "Seadrum"
      > >

      > > So watcha think?
      > >
      > > -Andres

      > > Japan apartment
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Japan+apartment&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&w
      3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense&
      w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=XaNmuTmCW9rfxwijdik_Rw>
      > > Japan hotel reservation
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Japan+hotel+reservation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reser
      vation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+
      incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=rWbE1ldGIUM0ekeFRxUr2g>
      > > Japan cell phone rental
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reser
      vation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+
      incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=nmwYDIUcMFCm_jOgCq7L-g>

      > > Japanese translation
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Japanese+translation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservat
      ion&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+inc
      ense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=q8hZnpnpVZsoWj3udQ95oA>
      > > Japanese incense
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Japanese+incense&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&
      w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense
      &w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=B9rY6nS8JMenUVyKkF0Udg>
      > > Japan calling card
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Japan+calling+card&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservatio
      n&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incen
      se&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=cagHGjKpDpUf9JUKMYqeZw>

      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >
      > > * Visit your group "theboredoms
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theboredoms>" on the web.

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
        The earlier stuff can be good, but I'm not especially as fond of WOW
        2, as the group put out far superior material both before and after
        that release. I saw them on tour when it came out, and the live show
        was far less appealing than the group turned out to be when I saw
        them on the Lollapalooza tour and in 1999. I haven't played WOW 2
        more than a couple of times ever, though I'll play Chocolate
        Synthesizer and other albums very often...-- In

        &

        +

        incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=rWbE1ldGIUM0ekeFRxUr2g>
        > > > Japan cell phone rental
        > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

        t=ms&k=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+rese

        vation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese
        +
        > incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=nmwYDIUcMFCm_jOgCq7L-
        g>

        > > > Japanese translation
        > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

        t=ms&k=Japanese+translation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reserva

        ion&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+in
        > ense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=q8hZnpnpVZsoWj3udQ95oA>
        > > > Japanese incense
        > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

        t=ms&k=Japanese+incense&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation
        &

        w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incens
        > &w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=B9rY6nS8JMenUVyKkF0Udg>
        > > > Japan calling card
        > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

        t=ms&k=Japan+calling+card&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservati

        n&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+ince
        > se&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=cagHGjKpDpUf9JUKMYqeZw>
        > > >

        > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        > > >
        > > > * Visit your group "theboredoms
        > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theboredoms>" on the web.

        > subject=Unsubscribe>