Two disc mix compilation of Boredoms music

  • wijte
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 5, 2006
      Hi guys. I just put together two discs of Boredoms tunes for a
      friend. Wanted to show you all what stuff I included... Tunes from
      the following albums are included: Soul Discharge '99, Pop Tatari,
      Chocolate Synthesizer, Super Roots 6, Super AE, Vision Creation
      Newsun, Rebore Vol. 0, Rebore Vol. 2, and Seadrum/House of Sun. I
      also have Wow 2, Onanie Bomb Meets the Sex Pistols, Super Roots 5,
      and Soul Discharge/Early Boredoms, but decided not to included any
      tunes from those in the mixes. I tried to focus heavily on the second-
      wave (i.e. Super Roots 6 and on) of the band's career, so 80% of the
      music on these discs consist of that era's music.

      Here are the tracklists:

      Disc 1: Sunsplatters

      1. "15"
      2. "77777" [from Rebore 0]
      3. "Your Name Is Limitless"
      4. "Super Shine"
      5. "11" [from SR6]
      6. excerpt from "Rebore Vol. 2" [this excerpt is from about 38:16
      until the end of the disc, so it's about 12:05 long]
      7. "Smoke 7"
      8. "Cory & The Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action Or Gas Satori"
      9. "7777" [from Rebore 0]
      10. "8" [from SR6]
      11. "(Star/Heart)" [this track is a single mp3 of these two tunes
      stitched together]

      Disc 2: The eYes of the World

      1. "Super Going"
      2. "9" [from SR6]
      3. "J.B. Dick + TinTurner Pussy"
      4. "77" [from Rebore 0]
      5. "Z & U & T & A"
      6. "3" [from SR6]
      7. "Shock City"
      8. " (Zutto)"
      9. "Poy (Mockin' Fuzz1)"
      10. "Seadrum"

      So watcha think?

      -Andres
    • Idolcrash
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
        I don't think it'd be too helpful to only focus on one part of the
        band's output (nor would it be fair). Personally, some of the more
        interesting outpout was during the early years (not only be The
        Boredoms, but the side-projects then as well), musically and visually.
        Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the newer stuff, but I've always had a
        special place for the older material, and I think its unfair that you
        are leaving out some of their greatest material (OBMtSP, Wow2, SD). As
        for the Super Roots series, a track or two from and and six should be
        sufficient.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
          good mix

          when you say you didn't choose from sd/early bore, you're referring to the early bore
          part?
          cuz you put like 3 songs from soul discharge (presumably soul discharge '99).

          interesting that you started with 15 from SR6. If that's the track I'm thinking of, that
          has to be the most beautiful serene track I've ever heard from the Boredoms. I always
          do an aural double take when that track comes up on my mp3 player.
          so it may be kind of a curveball for an introductory primer mix.

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wijte" <wijte@...> wrote:

          > Hi guys. I just put together two discs of Boredoms tunes for a
          > friend. Wanted to show you all what stuff I included... Tunes from
          > the following albums are included: Soul Discharge '99, Pop Tatari,
          > Chocolate Synthesizer, Super Roots 6, Super AE, Vision Creation
          > Newsun, Rebore Vol. 0, Rebore Vol. 2, and Seadrum/House of Sun. I
          > also have Wow 2, Onanie Bomb Meets the Sex Pistols, Super Roots 5,
          > and Soul Discharge/Early Boredoms, but decided not to included any
          > tunes from those in the mixes. I tried to focus heavily on the second-
          > wave (i.e. Super Roots 6 and on) of the band's career, so 80% of the
          > music on these discs consist of that era's music.
          >
          > Here are the tracklists:
          >
          > Disc 1: Sunsplatters
          >
          > 1. "15"
          > 2. "77777" [from Rebore 0]
          > 3. "Your Name Is Limitless"
          > 4. "Super Shine"
          > 5. "11" [from SR6]
          > 6. excerpt from "Rebore Vol. 2" [this excerpt is from about 38:16
          > until the end of the disc, so it's about 12:05 long]
          > 7. "Smoke 7"
          > 8. "Cory & The Mandara Suicide Pyramid Action Or Gas Satori"
          > 9. "7777" [from Rebore 0]
          > 10. "8" [from SR6]
          > 11. "(Star/Heart)" [this track is a single mp3 of these two tunes
          > stitched together]
          >
          > Disc 2: The eYes of the World
          >
          > 1. "Super Going"
          > 2. "9" [from SR6]
          > 3. "J.B. Dick + TinTurner Pussy"
          > 4. "77" [from Rebore 0]
          > 5. "Z & U & T & A"
          > 6. "3" [from SR6]
          > 7. "Shock City"
          > 8. " (Zutto)"
          > 9. "Poy (Mockin' Fuzz1)"
          > 10. "Seadrum"
          >

          > So watcha think?
          >
          > -Andres

        • wijte
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
            Thanks! Yeah, 15 is probably the track you're thinkin' of. It'll
            definitely throw my friend in for a curve, but that's okay- the
            Boredoms are all about surprises, so a Boredoms mix should be too! ;-)

            And, you're right about the Soul Discharge thing... I've got both
            SD '99 and SD/Early Boredoms, and the tunes I included here were from
            SD '99.

          • wijte
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
              Thanks for your feedback, Idolcrash.

              Bear in mind that I'm making these mixes for my friend primarily as
              something he'll enjoying listening to, and only secondarily as an
              historical overview of their career. Knowing his taste, I felt that
              he'd really enjoy the later material a ton. So that's kind of how I
              was approaching this. And you'll see that I did include three tunes
              from Soul Discharge. I tried to find things from Onanie Bomb and Wow
              2 that would work with the rest of the material, but didn't find any
              tracks that seemed like they would fit particularly well.
              Unfortunately, I don't have any side projects from the early years- I
              wish I did!

              Cheers,

              Andres

              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Idolcrash <idolcrash@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >
              > > Japanese translation
              > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Japanese+translation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservat
              ion&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+inc
              ense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=q8hZnpnpVZsoWj3udQ95oA>
              > > Japanese incense
              > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Japanese+incense&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation&
              w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incense
              &w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=B9rY6nS8JMenUVyKkF0Udg>
              > > Japan calling card
              > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Japan+calling+card&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservatio
              n&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incen
              se&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=cagHGjKpDpUf9JUKMYqeZw>

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
                The earlier stuff can be good, but I'm not especially as fond of WOW
                2, as the group put out far superior material both before and after
                that release. I saw them on tour when it came out, and the live show
                was far less appealing than the group turned out to be when I saw
                them on the Lollapalooza tour and in 1999. I haven't played WOW 2
                more than a couple of times ever, though I'll play Chocolate
                Synthesizer and other albums very often...-- In

                &

                +

                incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=rWbE1ldGIUM0ekeFRxUr2g>
                > > > Japan cell phone rental
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                t=ms&k=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+rese

                vation&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese
                +
                > incense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=nmwYDIUcMFCm_jOgCq7L-
                g>

                > > > Japanese translation
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                t=ms&k=Japanese+translation&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reserva

                ion&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+in
                > ense&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=q8hZnpnpVZsoWj3udQ95oA>
                > > > Japanese incense
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                t=ms&k=Japanese+incense&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservation
                &

                w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+incens
                > &w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=B9rY6nS8JMenUVyKkF0Udg>
                > > > Japan calling card
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                t=ms&k=Japan+calling+card&w1=Japan+apartment&w2=Japan+hotel+reservati

                n&w3=Japan+cell+phone+rental&w4=Japanese+translation&w5=Japanese+ince
                > se&w6=Japan+calling+card&c=6&s=151&.sig=cagHGjKpDpUf9JUKMYqeZw>
                > > >

                > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                > > >
                > > > * Visit your group "theboredoms
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theboredoms>" on the web.

                > subject=Unsubscribe>