Re: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP

  • trip_fontayne
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 15, 2006
      lets keep each other informed about other boredoms shows in the uk!

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Hoody"
      <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:

      > personally i don't have a problem with the shins, but in general
      weekend 1
      > is stronger.
      > still, dino jr, boredoms, broken social scene, clinic, some good
      stuff, just
      > won't to see a bit more to make it perfect. oh and david cross
      will be a
      > nice distraction.
      >
      > >From: donny van zandt <oldbenway@...>
      > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: RE: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
      > >Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:19:57 -0800 (PST)
      > >
      > >I was set for weekend one as well, this just pisses me
      > >off. Yuk shins, et al.
      > >
      > >--- Mr Hoody <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Dammit, I was planning on going to weekend 1, I was
      > > > all ready to book my
      > > > ticket. I don't think I can go to ATP and not see
      > > > boredoms if there is that
      > > > chance/.

      > > > much I want to see
      > > > Shins and other such
      > > > least one other uk
      > > > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > ___
      > > | |
      > > | |
      > > |o|
      > > .' '.
      > > / o \
      > > :____o__:
      > > '._____.'
      > >

      > >__________________________________________
      > >Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
      > >Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      > >dsl.yahoo.com

    • Mr Hoody
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 15, 2006
        Agreed, will keep a look out for anything else happening. Is there a new
        album this year for sure?

      • Patrick Nesbitt
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 16, 2006
          Shepherds Bush Empire on Monday, 29th May is confirmed.
          http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%
          7Cartist=BOREDOMS&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Hoody" <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:

          > Agreed, will keep a look out for anything else happening. Is there a new
          > album this year for sure?
          >

          > >From: "trip_fontayne" <trip_fontayne@...>
          > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
          > >Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:47:24 -0000
          > >
          > >lets keep each other informed about other boredoms shows in the uk!
        • Gullasch Baronen
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 17, 2006
            Thanks for the info! It looks great.

            Is anybody familiar with the concert venue? Is it a good place? I never
            heard about it before.

            The Seetickets website only have "standing" tickets, but from the venue
            website it looks like there is also some balcony seats. Which are best?

            Thanks!

            >From: "Patrick Nesbitt" <patnesbitt@...>
            >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [the boredoms] Re: Boredoms At ATP
            >Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:43:04 -0000
            >
            >Shepherds Bush Empire on Monday, 29th May is confirmed.
            >http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%
            >7Cartist=BOREDOMS&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see
          • Idolcrash
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 17, 2006
              Whenever seeing a band, it is typically best to be as close to the stage
              as possible, usually standing up. Watching a concert sitting is probably
              one of the most boring experiences you'd have to endure. It wouldn't be
              much different from listening to a band on your headphones, in that case.
            • Mr Hoody
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 19, 2006
                There are certain bands where it is advantagous to have a seat, I wouldn't
                have enjoyed standing to Sunn 0))) or Birchville Cat Motel to be honest. But
                as far as the Boredoms are concerned, as close to the band and/or speakers
                as possibly.

                >From: Idolcrash <idolcrash@...>
                >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Re: Boredoms At ATP
                >Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:10:35 -0500
                >
                >Whenever seeing a band, it is typically best to be as close to the stage
                >as possible, usually standing up. Watching a concert sitting is probably
                >one of the most boring experiences you'd have to endure. It wouldn't be
                >much different from listening to a band on your headphones, in that case.
              • domsbore
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 20, 2006
                  oh..... i am gutted!
                  i was in england for over a year and there was no boredoms, then the
                  minute i come to japan the boredoms play atp and shepards bush empire.
                  gutted!
                  they better play some warm up shows in japan first.

                  shepards bush empire is medium size, from what i remember, its bigger
                  than the scala.... but my memory is not what it was.
                  standing downstairs, seating upstairs.