Strange things popping up on Amazon...

  • wijte
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
      Um, does anyone find this a but... odd?

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000803CNO/qid=1139211126/sr=1-
      10/ref=sr_1_10/104-6984494-1668719?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

      Release date... 2025???? Looks like an Amazon employee is being
      mischeivous!
    • trigger_goldberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
        This kind of thing happens all the time. Either they're going to update it with better
        information soon, or it will sit there and then disappear. As for the 2025 release date... I
        looked up the now-indefinitely-delayed Pharrell album yesterday, and Amazon says it's
        coming out in 2010. The new Outkast album has been delayed a million times, and even
        though it currently has a March 7 date, Amazon doesn't even have a page for it because it
        is still subject to change. Sometimes they wait it out, sometimes they get false info and
        post it... it's less than a perfect system.

        The Boredoms and hip hop artists-- confusing the system with their dodgy release
        schedules in the 21st century.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2006
          if i were to take a stab at this, i would say this is a place holder for whatever was
          supposed to have been released last april. something like a live album recorded in
          december of 2004. It got postponed indefinitely, so i'm not holding my breath for it.

          BTW I don't suppose anyone can confirm that the album was in fact going to be a live
          album from 12/04 or even that it was a live album at all?

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2006
            Yes, looks like a placeholder or preliminary entry for an unreleased
            item. The date is likely entirely irrelevant, though.-- In