Re: [the boredoms] Digest Number 713

  • Adam Kish
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
      well steve, you have it all figured out don't you?
      listen, before you start to run your mouth do a little
      research. superroots 7 consistently sells for about
      the price i'm asking for it. it's not easy to come
      across. considering you are a boredoms fan you should
      know this. maybe you should watch e-bay for a while
      or check out amazon to see how often it pops up and
      what it goes for.

      p.s. i'm just a dude selling a disc, not a wholesaler
      and not a retailer. i've been watching the prices of
      boredoms rare stuff for a looooooong time so i didn't
      pull this price out of my ass.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
        sorry dude, i with steve on that one. although i believe in so
        caveat emptor (Buyer Beware), i could and have easily gotten SR7 for
        much cheaper. Like someone had already mentioned on the board, SR7
        isn't as rare as you think. It was issued by Warners Japan in 1998
        as an EP so it's not like it was one of eye's pet projects that got
        was self-released in an issue of 100. Even then an arbitary price of
        $52 (really why not 50) is asking a lot.

        Case in point, if you look at ebay now. you will find a copy of
        Boretronix 3-a self-released cassette by eye in an edition of 100-
        listed at $9.90. Granted it is a cassette and there are 4 days to
        go, it's way more accurately set than what your asking for.
        I have been on ebay for quite some time buying boredoms stuff and i'm
        pretty sure steve has too so while i have, on occasion, seen SR7 on
        CD close at circa $45-$55, most of of the time it's more like $30-$40
        and if it's a slow week $25-$30. And yes there was an auction for
        both SR7 and SR8 both on vinyl on ebay earlier this week that was
        hovering around $20 mark (although i did not check what the closing
        bid was).

        furthermore, if anyone is foolish enough to go out looking for
        Boredoms stuff that's import, rare, etc. and not do their homework,
        then yeah let them pay $52 for a CD they could have got for less. as
        i said already, buyer beware.

        ryan
        ps bought my copy of SR7 on vinyl used for $23 in a record store in
        osaka.

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Adam Kish <whizzer1271@y...>
        wrote:

        > well steve, you have it all figured out don't you?
        > listen, before you start to run your mouth do a little
        > research. superroots 7 consistently sells for about
        > the price i'm asking for it. it's not easy to come
        > across. considering you are a boredoms fan you should
        > know this. maybe you should watch e-bay for a while
        > or check out amazon to see how often it pops up and
        > what it goes for.
        >
        > p.s. i'm just a dude selling a disc, not a wholesaler
        > and not a retailer. i've been watching the prices of
        > boredoms rare stuff for a looooooong time so i didn't
        > pull this price out of my ass.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • whizzer1271
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
          oh! so you have seen them go for that much right ryan? and currently
          there are none on cd at ebay or amazon. hmmm.......seems kind of odd
          for something as common as you think it is? listen, i don't come on
          here and tell any of you what the hell to do with your belongings, so
          don't tell me what to do with mine. you think my price is too high?
          fine, don't buy it.
        • steve matis
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
            listen whizzer, i'm not running my mouth at all, you're asking for an inflated price for something and i don't think, i KNOW that it's wrong. obviously this seems to be a two-sided argument and rather than waste my time arguing in vain for something that i personally might feel is wrong, i'll just say that i don't think it's cool that you are asking for so much money.

            also, i never once claimed to have anything figured out. i like doing the right thing and i like it when people are honest and when they do not take advantage of others. just because you see something sell for a specific amount of money doesn't automatically mean that you have to somehow "keep in line" with that price. you obviously must realize that you ARE, in fact, taking advantage of anyone who is willing to pay that much for that specific release.

            also, why the hell are you selling used copy of og pressing of "doggystyle" for $55? if you go on ebay right now and check completed items, there are over 5 older auctions where the price never went over $25! somehow, $55 is the best average you could find? give me a break, you make me sick. quit ripping people off and get a real job.

            whizzer1271 <whizzer1271@...> wrote: oh! so you have seen them go for that much right ryan? and currently
            there are none on cd at ebay or amazon. hmmm.......seems kind of odd
            for something as common as you think it is? listen, i don't come on
            here and tell any of you what the hell to do with your belongings, so
            don't tell me what to do with mine. you think my price is too high?
            fine, don't buy it.

            Japan apartment Japan hotel reservation Japan cell phone rental Japanese translation Japanese incense Japan calling card

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
              hate to do this to you, but you want proof?

              http://search-completed.ebay.com/boredoms-super-roots-
              7_W0QQcatrefZC3QQfclZ1QQfisZ2QQfromZR2?
              GetResult&catref=C3&fcl=1&fis=2&from=R2

              bam!

              two VINYL copies of SR7 going between $25-$35. one this week. one
              last week and the higher one was for SR7 and SR8. and if you think
              vinyl copies are easier to get and sell for less, than you'd better
              think again.

              i didn't and am not telling you what to price your CD. it's
              unfortunately, a seller's market and you can list it for $100 bucks
              if you like. But if you go on our internet group-a group steve and i
              have been on for years while you only joined 6 months ago-and say
              that $52 is how much SR7 on CD consistently goes for, then I will
              contest that because it is simply not true. it's false information
              that only misleads folks into emptying their wallets and benefitting
              yourself.

              let the buyer beware, but not without some consumer advocacy.

              ryan

              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "whizzer1271" <whizzer1271@y...>
              wrote:

              > oh! so you have seen them go for that much right ryan? and
              currently
              > there are none on cd at ebay or amazon. hmmm.......seems kind of
              odd
              > for something as common as you think it is? listen, i don't come
              on
              > here and tell any of you what the hell to do with your belongings,
              so
              > don't tell me what to do with mine. you think my price is too
              high?
              > fine, don't buy it.

            • steve matis

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 25, 2006
                  Yes, amid all the swords and daggers it is worth pointing out that SR7 is an awesome mini-album, one my absolute favourite Bore-releases. I think I paid $35 for it on ebay a few years ago, and if I didn't have it, I'd pay $52 to get it, with pleasure. Track 2 rules!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2006
                    'Tis good, but I also enjoy the cannabis-friendly musique concrete of
                    Super Roots 6.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Jim Butler