Re: [the boredoms] Re: Suprer Roots 7 (& 8)?

  • Robert Cantero
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 22, 2006
      I live in California. I'll meet you in AZ, swords or daggers??

      On Jan 22, 2006, at 7:32 PM, steve matis wrote:

      > i was going to argue some more with you, but i am laughing too
      > hard at the line.
      >
      > i guess in the words of ron burgundy, we'll just have to agree to
      > disagree.
      >
      > and the reason i didnt use buy it now price was because ebay gets
      > a bigger cut of the final price that way. fuck that shit.
      >
      > this conversation is kaput. we'll have to continue it in real
      > life in case we ever meet face to face. i live in texas.
    • steve matis
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 22, 2006
        I live in California. I'll meet you in AZ, swords or daggers??
        tempe it is. fuck weapons, i'm bringin' 10,00 watt JBL speakers, some earplugs and and a cd player with METAL MACHINE MUSIC inside it.

      • Robert Cantero
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 22, 2006
          I've heard Merzbow - I have MMM immunity!

          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 22, 2006
            > I've heard Merzbow - I have MMM immunity!
            DUDE, i've fucking SEEN merzbow and he blew two speakers and still kept going. so therefore, i'm, uh, well....probably just annoying people on the boredoms yahoo list, but no one ever posts that much anyway, so...

          • Robert Cantero
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 22, 2006
              Shit man, I saw Merzbow too! At Arthurfest! But he didn't blow any
              speakers.

              You've won this round!

              On Jan 22, 2006, at 8:08 PM, steve matis wrote:

              > > I've heard Merzbow - I have MMM immunity!
              > DUDE, i've fucking SEEN merzbow and he blew two speakers and
              > still kept going. so therefore, i'm, uh, well....probably just
              > annoying people on the boredoms yahoo list, but no one ever posts
              > that much anyway, so...
            • steve matis
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 22, 2006
                Shit man, I saw Merzbow too! At Arthurfest! But he didn't blow any
                speakers.

                BEST FRIENDS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

              • donny van zandt
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 23, 2006
                  Holy crap I can;t believe my inbiox was full of THIS.
                  New guy, just download it, you'll never find it for
                  less than $50. Who can feel bad because the Boredoms
                  won't get a cut from the used CD sale anyways.

                  I could go on about how music profiteers will have a
                  special place in hell, but I used that argument up in
                  the sun city girls group. And forget it, he will
                  (hopefully) never get $52 for that CD. And if he does,
                  the idiot who paid $52 for 3 remixed not-so-great
                  songs deserves to get ripped off.

                  ___
                  | |
                  | |
                  |o|
                  .' '.
                  / o \
                  :____o__:
                  '._____.'

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Idolcrash
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 23, 2006
                    I just wanted to note that earlier this morning I caught the records for
                    sale together on eBay, with the current price (as of this morning) at 17
                    USD.
                  • radiationsmiles
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 23, 2006
                      hey man the second song on super roots 7 is amazing
                    • steve matis
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 23, 2006
                        SR7 is probably the best overall one.

                        SR1 is like a dinky single. SR2 is only valuable to collectors. SR3 is probably my favorite one (krautpunk anyone?). SR5 is just really really loud, although i enjoy that one as well. SR6 has some really awesome moments, but its really uneven. SR7 is like pure energy to me. you put that one on and go bike riding, you can outpedal a ferrrari. SR8 is probably the most pointless one actually, even though i really like the yann tomita remix a lot. it's the only one that just really doesn't feel like a boredoms release at all.

                        radiationsmiles <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey man the second song on super roots 7 is amazing

                      • Bryan Reynolds
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 23, 2006
                          SR8 is good as hell.
                          everyone please get it.

                          steve matis <istvanmatis@...> wrote:
                          SR7 is probably the best overall one.

                          SR1 is like a dinky single. SR2 is only valuable to collectors. SR3 is probably my favorite one (krautpunk anyone?). SR5 is just really really loud, although i enjoy that one as well. SR6 has some really awesome moments, but its really uneven. SR7 is like pure energy to me. you put that one on and go bike riding, you can outpedal a ferrrari. SR8 is probably the most pointless one actually, even though i really like the yann tomita remix a lot. it's the only one that just really doesn't feel like a boredoms release at all.

                          radiationsmiles <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hey man the second song on super roots 7 is amazing

                          Japan apartment Japan hotel reservation Japan cell phone rental Japanese translation Japanese incense Japan calling card

                        • whizzer1271
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 24, 2006
                            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Idolcrash <idolcrash@g...> wrote:

                            > I just wanted to note that earlier this morning I caught the records
                            for
                            > sale together on eBay, with the current price (as of this morning)
                            at 17
                            > USD.

                            i don't see a superroots 7 currently available on ebay. i see 8 go
                            for around 20.