Boredoms At ATP

  • davidbrew80
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
      Yep the thing is its weekend 2 and no matter how much I want to see
      the Boredoms I can not bring myself to watch the Shins and other such
      bands. Please someone tell me they are playing at least one other uk
      date. Please!
    • Mr Hoody
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
        Dammit, I was planning on going to weekend 1, I was all ready to book my
        ticket. I don't think I can go to ATP and not see boredoms if there is that
        chance/.

        >From: "davidbrew80" <davidbrew80@...>
        >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
        >Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:17:48 -0000
        >
        >Yep the thing is its weekend 2 and no matter how much I want to see
        >the Boredoms I can not bring myself to watch the Shins and other such
        >bands. Please someone tell me they are playing at least one other uk
        >date. Please!

      • donny van zandt
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
          I was set for weekend one as well, this just pisses me
          off. Yuk shins, et al.

          --- Mr Hoody <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:

          > Dammit, I was planning on going to weekend 1, I was
          > all ready to book my
          > ticket. I don't think I can go to ATP and not see
          > boredoms if there is that
          > chance/.
          >

          > >From: "davidbrew80" <davidbrew80@...>
          > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
          > >Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:17:48 -0000
          > >
          > >Yep the thing is its weekend 2 and no matter how
          > much I want to see
          > >the Boredoms I can not bring myself to watch the
          > Shins and other such
          > >bands. Please someone tell me they are playing at
          > least one other uk
          > >date. Please!
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          ___
          | |
          | |
          |o|
          .' '.
          / o \
          :____o__:
          '._____.'

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com
        • Mr Hoody
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 10, 2006
            personally i don't have a problem with the shins, but in general weekend 1
            is stronger.
            still, dino jr, boredoms, broken social scene, clinic, some good stuff, just
            won't to see a bit more to make it perfect. oh and david cross will be a
            nice distraction.

            >From: donny van zandt <oldbenway@...>
            >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: RE: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
            >Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:19:57 -0800 (PST)
            >
            >I was set for weekend one as well, this just pisses me
            >off. Yuk shins, et al.
            >
            >--- Mr Hoody <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Dammit, I was planning on going to weekend 1, I was
            > > all ready to book my
            > > ticket. I don't think I can go to ATP and not see
            > > boredoms if there is that
            > > chance/.
            > >

            > > >From: "davidbrew80" <davidbrew80@...>
            > > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
            > > >Subject: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
            > > >Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:17:48 -0000
            > > >
            > > >Yep the thing is its weekend 2 and no matter how
            > > much I want to see
            > > >the Boredoms I can not bring myself to watch the
            > > Shins and other such
            > > >bands. Please someone tell me they are playing at
            > > least one other uk
            > > >date. Please!
            > > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > ___
            > | |
            > | |
            > |o|
            > .' '.
            > / o \
            > :____o__:
            > '._____.'

            >Yahoo! DSL � Something to write home about.
            >Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            >dsl.yahoo.com

          • trip_fontayne
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 15, 2006
              lets keep each other informed about other boredoms shows in the uk!

              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Hoody"
              <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:

              > personally i don't have a problem with the shins, but in general
              weekend 1
              > is stronger.
              > still, dino jr, boredoms, broken social scene, clinic, some good
              stuff, just
              > won't to see a bit more to make it perfect. oh and david cross
              will be a
              > nice distraction.
              >
              > >From: donny van zandt <oldbenway@...>
              > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: RE: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
              > >Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:19:57 -0800 (PST)
              > >
              > >I was set for weekend one as well, this just pisses me
              > >off. Yuk shins, et al.
              > >
              > >--- Mr Hoody <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Dammit, I was planning on going to weekend 1, I was
              > > > all ready to book my
              > > > ticket. I don't think I can go to ATP and not see
              > > > boredoms if there is that
              > > > chance/.

              > > > much I want to see
              > > > Shins and other such
              > > > least one other uk
              > > > >

              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > > ___
              > > | |
              > > | |
              > > |o|
              > > .' '.
              > > / o \
              > > :____o__:
              > > '._____.'
              > >

              > >__________________________________________
              > >Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about.
              > >Just $16.99/mo. or less.
              > >dsl.yahoo.com

            • Mr Hoody
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 15, 2006
                Agreed, will keep a look out for anything else happening. Is there a new
                album this year for sure?

              • Patrick Nesbitt
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 16, 2006
                  Shepherds Bush Empire on Monday, 29th May is confirmed.
                  http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%
                  7Cartist=BOREDOMS&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see

                  --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Hoody" <eyes_of_blackness@...> wrote:

                  > Agreed, will keep a look out for anything else happening. Is there a new
                  > album this year for sure?
                  >

                  > >From: "trip_fontayne" <trip_fontayne@...>
                  > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                  > >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Boredoms At ATP
                  > >Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:47:24 -0000
                  > >
                  > >lets keep each other informed about other boredoms shows in the uk!
                • Gullasch Baronen
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 17, 2006
                    Thanks for the info! It looks great.

                    Is anybody familiar with the concert venue? Is it a good place? I never
                    heard about it before.

                    The Seetickets website only have "standing" tickets, but from the venue
                    website it looks like there is also some balcony seats. Which are best?

                    Thanks!

                    >From: "Patrick Nesbitt" <patnesbitt@...>
                    >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [the boredoms] Re: Boredoms At ATP
                    >Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:43:04 -0000
                    >
                    >Shepherds Bush Empire on Monday, 29th May is confirmed.
                    >http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%
                    >7Cartist=BOREDOMS&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see
                  • Idolcrash
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 17, 2006
                      Whenever seeing a band, it is typically best to be as close to the stage
                      as possible, usually standing up. Watching a concert sitting is probably
                      one of the most boring experiences you'd have to endure. It wouldn't be
                      much different from listening to a band on your headphones, in that case.
                    • Mr Hoody
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 19, 2006
                        There are certain bands where it is advantagous to have a seat, I wouldn't
                        have enjoyed standing to Sunn 0))) or Birchville Cat Motel to be honest. But
                        as far as the Boredoms are concerned, as close to the band and/or speakers
                        as possibly.

                        >From: Idolcrash <idolcrash@...>
                        >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: Re: [the boredoms] Re: Boredoms At ATP
                        >Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:10:35 -0500
                        >
                        >Whenever seeing a band, it is typically best to be as close to the stage
                        >as possible, usually standing up. Watching a concert sitting is probably
                        >one of the most boring experiences you'd have to endure. It wouldn't be
                        >much different from listening to a band on your headphones, in that case.
                      • domsbore
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 20, 2006
                          oh..... i am gutted!
                          i was in england for over a year and there was no boredoms, then the
                          minute i come to japan the boredoms play atp and shepards bush empire.
                          gutted!
                          they better play some warm up shows in japan first.

                          shepards bush empire is medium size, from what i remember, its bigger
                          than the scala.... but my memory is not what it was.
                          standing downstairs, seating upstairs.