Re: [the boredoms] RIP China Nishimura & DMBQ & Seiichi Yamamoto Band

  • gygax
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 10, 2005
      Actually, China was Yamamoto's wife.

      --- Dan Clark <danclarkgraphics@...> wrote:

      > This is a general e-mail to all people that I know
      > who have some kind
      > of connection to DMBQ or specifially Mana 'China'
      > Nishiura, who had a
      > terrible car accident on the weekend on the freeway
      > near New York. As
      > far as we know, 3 of the 4 members of DBMQ and their
      > tour manager are
      > in critical condition somewhere in New York state.
      >
      > Unfortunately and very sadly, Mana didn't survive
      > the accident. As
      > most of us know, Mana was in many bands including
      > Rashinban with her
      > boyfriend Seiichi Yamamoto and for a time Shonen
      > Knife, which is
      > where most of my contacts in the US and Canada met
      > her first.
      >
      > I just want to make sure that everyone knows about
      > the tragedy. Also,
      > Robin and I though it might be good to have a list
      > of e-mail
      > addresses for people wanting updates or information
      > that comes our
      > way. We don't know much at the moment, but hope to
      > piece together
      > what we can. It is the very least we can do under
      > the circumstances.
      >
      > Please let me know directly if you wish to be off of
      > this list and
      > send me more names/e-mail addresses if you know of
      > others I can add
      > to it.
      >
      > MOST IMPORTANTLY, it seems they didn't have
      > insurance to cover them
      > in such an emergency. This means that their hospital
      > bills may be
      > very high if this turns out to be true.
      >
      > I know Robin was finding threads on the internet
      > about local bands
      > playing benefits for them as well as a Paypal
      > website for donations
      > to help out their families. I hope Robin will be
      > able to update on
      > this when he gets the information together.
      >
      > Once again, please let me know if you want off this
      > list. It is not
      > meant to harass anyone, just to inform interested
      > people about what
      > is happening.
      >
      > thank you kindly

      > removed]

    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2005
        It's all terrible news.

        What about benefit concerts and the like? Is anything happening? What about
        Japan? I can't even find any comments from other Japanese bands.

      • Lee Henderson
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 18, 2005
          Wasn't sure if anyone had yet posted a link to this beautiful cache
          of Eye's artwork. So amazing.
          http://www.transplantny.com/exhibitions/2005/eyeweyew.html

          He just had a show at Gavin Brown, as well; pictures of which are on
          the Fader magazine's online blog.

          "Ever since I can remember I've been poppin' my tatari"
          Lee
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 18, 2005
            there's also an art book that came out recently that has some eye artwork
            along some other cool artists. unfortunately it's in black and white for some
            reason. i believe the book is called "faqq" and can be ordered from
            www.faqq.com
            it doesn't say but i'm pretty sure EYE also did the cover art for the book.

            ryan

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Lee Henderson <lee-