Eye airborne

  • stephen wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2005
      Hey,

      does anyone know what the story is, behind the amazing photo on the
      inner sleeve of 'Vision-Creation-Newsun' - where Eye seems to be
      levitating about 10 feet above the stage?
      Leaping from a stack of monitors, I guess - hope he didn't hurt
      himself...
    • steve matis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2005
        here is some info from the pop kiss boredoms
        discography website:

        (http://www.ottawa-anime.org/~eyevocal/boredoms/boredisc.htm)

        this is in the section on the different editions of
        VCN

        Here's a bit I was E-mailed about the aforementioned
        mini-poster: "In the general Japanese release of
        Vision Creation Newsun, the photo of EYE flying above
        the stage was taken at the monumental 'This Ain't No
        Picnic' music festival in Irvine (a bit south of Los
        Angeles), California on July 4th, 1999, wherein the
        Boredoms played an amazing sunny set, along with Sonic
        Youth, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mike Watt, Will Oldham,
        Superchunk, Sleater-Kinney, Rocket from the Crypt,
        Apples in Stereo, Guided by Voices, and a lot more
        that slip my mind right now. It was crazy sunny and
        hot, which was exactly how they seemed to want it. EYE
        was obviously screaming the word "sun" alot, as well
        as climbing up and jumping off the tall stack behind
        him, as is seen in the picture. Everybody (except for
        maybe Sonic Youth, who had their truck with all their
        equipment stolen the night before and still blew minds
        with borrowed guitars) paled in comparison. Three
        goddamned drum sets!!!!!!!!!!!"

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs