Ruins-alone in NYC last night

  • Bryan Reynolds
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2005
      i saw Yoshida at the Stone in NYC last night.
      it was terribly amazing.
      most definitely one of the greatest shows i've
      attended.

      the first part of the show was Yoshida playing drums
      and singing along to pre-recorded bass parts (playing
      from a sampler) to Ruins songs.
      i remember he did the "Classical Medley," which was
      really fantastic.
      someone told me he did "Hallelujah," but i didn't
      catch it.
      whatever - anyway, it was great.

      the second portion of the show consisted of Yoshida
      playing with a local (NYC) bassist.
      they played a bunch of Ruins songs together.
      pretty much the only important thing to know is that
      they played "Memories of Zworrisdeh," which is perhaps
      one of the best songs ever.
      the bassist was good, and he pulled of the parts
      pretty well.
      i noticed at least one mistake - during "Stone Eater"
      (which was played during a long medley/improv session
      at the end), Yoshida got out of synch with the bass
      part (which had been looped [so that the bassist could
      solo over it]).
      i'm not sure who's fault that was.
      either & any way, it was a glorious show.
      i managed to hug Yoshida, and i am glad.

      i hope my description is satisfactory.

      yours,
      - bryan reynolds