RE: [the boredoms] Re: Ruins

  • Arthur Gadney
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2005
      >I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
      >due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
      >current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
      >"Ruins-alone".

      I'm afraid not. He's still just playing old songs with Ruins Alone and have
      been doing so for years. So he probably have to get a new bassplayer first
      and write new songs before any new albums will appear. I'd say two years at
      the fastest, perhaps longer if it's difficult to find a new bassplayer.
    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2005
        How was it?

        >From: surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
        >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [the boredoms] Re: Ruins
        >Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:58:17 -0000
        >
        >--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "d. vanzandt" <oldbenway@y...> wrote:
        > > Anyone headed to the Ruins at Red Room in Baltimore, this Friday?
        > >
        > > Looking forward to hearing this experiment in bassery---I wonder who
        > > the Baltimore guy is? Is the drummer bringing guys from Japan over to
        > > play, one per show? Or is he auditioning american Bassecutioners? Any
        > > reviews from around the US yet? Bassecute! :P
        >
        >What I'm gathering is Yoshida will in some fashion(drums&voice
        >only?)play Ruins music solo.Then he will play a set(improv?)with a
        >local bassist.
        >
        >I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
        >due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
        >current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
        >"Ruins-alone".
        >
        >I'm hoping to catch a show next week.

      • Bryan Reynolds
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2005