Re: Ruins

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2005
      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "d. vanzandt" <oldbenway@y...> wrote:
      > Anyone headed to the Ruins at Red Room in Baltimore, this Friday?
      >
      > Looking forward to hearing this experiment in bassery---I wonder who
      > the Baltimore guy is? Is the drummer bringing guys from Japan over to
      > play, one per show? Or is he auditioning american Bassecutioners? Any
      > reviews from around the US yet? Bassecute! :P

      What I'm gathering is Yoshida will in some fashion(drums&voice
      only?)play Ruins music solo.Then he will play a set(improv?)with a
      local bassist.

      I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
      due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
      current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
      "Ruins-alone".

      I'm hoping to catch a show next week.
    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2005
        >I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
        >due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
        >current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
        >"Ruins-alone".

        I'm afraid not. He's still just playing old songs with Ruins Alone and have
        been doing so for years. So he probably have to get a new bassplayer first
        and write new songs before any new albums will appear. I'd say two years at
        the fastest, perhaps longer if it's difficult to find a new bassplayer.
      • Arthur Gadney
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2005
          How was it?

          >From: surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
          >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [the boredoms] Re: Ruins
          >Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:58:17 -0000
          >
          >--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "d. vanzandt" <oldbenway@y...> wrote:
          > > Anyone headed to the Ruins at Red Room in Baltimore, this Friday?
          > >
          > > Looking forward to hearing this experiment in bassery---I wonder who
          > > the Baltimore guy is? Is the drummer bringing guys from Japan over to
          > > play, one per show? Or is he auditioning american Bassecutioners? Any
          > > reviews from around the US yet? Bassecute! :P
          >
          >What I'm gathering is Yoshida will in some fashion(drums&voice
          >only?)play Ruins music solo.Then he will play a set(improv?)with a
          >local bassist.
          >
          >I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
          >due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
          >current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
          >"Ruins-alone".
          >
          >I'm hoping to catch a show next week.

        • Bryan Reynolds
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28, 2005