Ruins

  • d. vanzandt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13 11:56 AM
      Anyone headed to the Ruins at Red Room in Baltimore, this Friday?

      Looking forward to hearing this experiment in bassery---I wonder who
      the Baltimore guy is? Is the drummer bringing guys from Japan over to
      play, one per show? Or is he auditioning american Bassecutioners? Any
      reviews from around the US yet? Bassecute! :P
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15 9:58 PM
        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "d. vanzandt" <oldbenway@y...> wrote:
        > Anyone headed to the Ruins at Red Room in Baltimore, this Friday?
        >
        > Looking forward to hearing this experiment in bassery---I wonder who
        > the Baltimore guy is? Is the drummer bringing guys from Japan over to
        > play, one per show? Or is he auditioning american Bassecutioners? Any
        > reviews from around the US yet? Bassecute! :P

        What I'm gathering is Yoshida will in some fashion(drums&voice
        only?)play Ruins music solo.Then he will play a set(improv?)with a
        local bassist.

        I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
        due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
        current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
        "Ruins-alone".

        I'm hoping to catch a show next week.
      • Arthur Gadney
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16 6:56 AM
          >I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
          >due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
          >current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
          >"Ruins-alone".

          I'm afraid not. He's still just playing old songs with Ruins Alone and have
          been doing so for years. So he probably have to get a new bassplayer first
          and write new songs before any new albums will appear. I'd say two years at
          the fastest, perhaps longer if it's difficult to find a new bassplayer.
        • Arthur Gadney
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 28 2:29 PM
            How was it?

            >From: surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [the boredoms] Re: Ruins
            >Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 04:58:17 -0000
            >
            >--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "d. vanzandt" <oldbenway@y...> wrote:
            > > Anyone headed to the Ruins at Red Room in Baltimore, this Friday?
            > >
            > > Looking forward to hearing this experiment in bassery---I wonder who
            > > the Baltimore guy is? Is the drummer bringing guys from Japan over to
            > > play, one per show? Or is he auditioning american Bassecutioners? Any
            > > reviews from around the US yet? Bassecute! :P
            >
            >What I'm gathering is Yoshida will in some fashion(drums&voice
            >only?)play Ruins music solo.Then he will play a set(improv?)with a
            >local bassist.
            >
            >I don't know how this affects his recording schedule,as I think we are
            >due for a new Ruins cd aren't we?On Yoshida's website he lists all his
            >current projects,and besides Ruins he has a new category for
            >"Ruins-alone".
            >
            >I'm hoping to catch a show next week.

          • Bryan Reynolds
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 28 4:13 PM