Re: [the boredoms] Ruins in July!!!!!!!(and a request for Osaka Ra....)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
      Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
      drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
      lucky bastard will be in my city!

      "Yoshida Tatsuya, the band's founder, is one of the most innovative
      figures in a Japanese avant-garde music scene renowned for ingenious
      performers. RUINS' bass duties have changed hands four times since the
      band's formation, and the most recent bassist, Sasaki Hisashi, has
      regretfully left the band, returning to his hometown for personal
      reasons. As each bass player left, the bar has raised higher, and now
      Yoshida finds himself in search of the next Ruins bassist. On the
      RUINS "Bassist Wanted Tour", Yoshida will take on the unthinkable task
      of performing the music of RUINS solo (!), as well as performing with
      a special fill-in musician in each city. This will be a once in a
      lifetime event, guaranteed to challenge, amaze, confound - and prove a
      heck of a fun time."
      -taken from SkinGraft Records website
    • Peter Manson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
        When Tatsuya last toured the UK as part of the Japanese New Music
        Festival, Sasaki was missing (with a broken arm, I think) and the Ruins
        part of the evening consisted of Tatsuya working on drums and vocals
        against a pre-recorded bass tape. It was fantastic!

        Peter

        Peter Manson's homepage: http://www.petermanson.com/
        Object Permanence homepage: http://www.objectpermanence.co.uk/
        > Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
        > drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
        > lucky bastard will be in my city!
        >
        > "Yoshida Tatsuya, the band's founder, is one of the most innovative
        > figures in a Japanese avant-garde music scene renowned for ingenious
        > performers. RUINS' bass duties have changed hands four times since the
        > band's formation, and the most recent bassist, Sasaki Hisashi, has
        > regretfully left the band, returning to his hometown for personal
        > reasons. As each bass player left, the bar has raised higher, and now
        > Yoshida finds himself in search of the next Ruins bassist. On the
        > RUINS "Bassist Wanted Tour", Yoshida will take on the unthinkable task
        > of performing the music of RUINS solo (!), as well as performing with
        > a special fill-in musician in each city. This will be a once in a
        > lifetime event, guaranteed to challenge, amaze, confound - and prove a
        > heck of a fun time."
        > -taken from SkinGraft Records website
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Arthur Gadney
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
          > > Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
          > > drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
          > > lucky bastard will be in my city!

          Don't know which is your city, but below is the list. I hardly know any of
          these bassplayers!

          RUINS alone bassist wanted tour in USA

          15th. July
          New York
          20:00 with shanir blumenkranz, 22:00 with Jesse Krakow
          THE STONE

          17th. July
          Philadelphia
          The Avant Gentleman's Lodge with Evan Lipson
          powerlunchsite.tripod.com

          18th. July
          Baltimore
          with Jake Amaral,Jason Willet
          RED ROOM

          19th. July
          Detroit
          with Mahlon Orrin (The PB Army)
          MAGIC STICK

          20th. July
          Toredo
          with Mahlon Orrin (The PB Army)
          UNDERGROUND

          21th. July
          Minneapolis
          The Avant Gentleman's Lodge with Evan Lipson
          Triple Rock Social Club

          22th. July
          Chicago
          BOTTOM LOUNGE