Re: [the boredoms] Ruins in July!!!!!!!(and a request for Osaka Ra....)

  • Bryan Reynolds
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3 4:45 AM
      i'll be attending the show in NYC at the Stone.
      sounds like it'll be a really great one.

      surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      We get off topic here sometimes so I hope no one minds me posting this
      here.

      Just happened to gander at Yoshida's site and saw this tour
      info.Cool.I'm definitely going to try and see this.Last time Ruins
      came to my area was probably 7 years or more ago.

      Strange thing is,Yoshida is asking for a bassist for the U.S. tour.I
      wonder if Hisashi is gone or was otherwise unable to tour????I would
      thik Ruins is fairly complex stuff just for some bassist to pick up on
      the fly for a quick tour.......

      **Also,anyone want to burn me a copy of Omoide Hatoba's Osaka Ra?I'll
      burn something in return.

      RUINS alone bassist wanted tour in USA .
      15th. July New York
      20:00 with shanir blumenkranz, 22:00 with Jesse Krakow THE STONE
      17th. July Philadelphia
      The Avant Gentleman's Lodge with Evan Lipson
      powerlunchsite.tripod.com _
      18th. July Baltimore
      with Jake Amaral,Jason Willet RED ROOM
      19th. July Detroit
      with Mahlon Orrin (The PB Army) MAGIC STICK
      20th. July Toredo
      with Mahlon Orrin (The PB Army) UNDERGROUND
      21th. July Minneapolis
      The Avant Gentleman's Lodge with Evan Lipson Triple Rock Social Club
      22th. July Chicago BOTTOM LOUNGE
      23th. July Los Angeles
      with Collyn McCoy (Pray To The Robots) KNTTING FACTORY
      24th. July San Fransisco
      with davin Hoff, Edward Rodoriguez III HEMLOCK TEVERN
      25th. July Seattle CHOP SUEY

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3 3:29 PM
        Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
        drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
        lucky bastard will be in my city!

        "Yoshida Tatsuya, the band's founder, is one of the most innovative
        figures in a Japanese avant-garde music scene renowned for ingenious
        performers. RUINS' bass duties have changed hands four times since the
        band's formation, and the most recent bassist, Sasaki Hisashi, has
        regretfully left the band, returning to his hometown for personal
        reasons. As each bass player left, the bar has raised higher, and now
        Yoshida finds himself in search of the next Ruins bassist. On the
        RUINS "Bassist Wanted Tour", Yoshida will take on the unthinkable task
        of performing the music of RUINS solo (!), as well as performing with
        a special fill-in musician in each city. This will be a once in a
        lifetime event, guaranteed to challenge, amaze, confound - and prove a
        heck of a fun time."
        -taken from SkinGraft Records website
      • Peter Manson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3 3:37 PM
          When Tatsuya last toured the UK as part of the Japanese New Music
          Festival, Sasaki was missing (with a broken arm, I think) and the Ruins
          part of the evening consisted of Tatsuya working on drums and vocals
          against a pre-recorded bass tape. It was fantastic!

          Peter

          Peter Manson's homepage: http://www.petermanson.com/
          Object Permanence homepage: http://www.objectpermanence.co.uk/
          > Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
          > drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
          > lucky bastard will be in my city!
          >
          > "Yoshida Tatsuya, the band's founder, is one of the most innovative
          > figures in a Japanese avant-garde music scene renowned for ingenious
          > performers. RUINS' bass duties have changed hands four times since the
          > band's formation, and the most recent bassist, Sasaki Hisashi, has
          > regretfully left the band, returning to his hometown for personal
          > reasons. As each bass player left, the bar has raised higher, and now
          > Yoshida finds himself in search of the next Ruins bassist. On the
          > RUINS "Bassist Wanted Tour", Yoshida will take on the unthinkable task
          > of performing the music of RUINS solo (!), as well as performing with
          > a special fill-in musician in each city. This will be a once in a
          > lifetime event, guaranteed to challenge, amaze, confound - and prove a
          > heck of a fun time."
          > -taken from SkinGraft Records website
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Arthur Gadney
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4 2:10 AM
            > > Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
            > > drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
            > > lucky bastard will be in my city!

            Don't know which is your city, but below is the list. I hardly know any of
            these bassplayers!