RE: [the boredoms] Ruins in July!!!!!!!(and a request for Osaka Ra....)

  • Arthur Gadney
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
      >Just happened to gander at Yoshida's site and saw this tour
      >info.Cool.I'm definitely going to try and see this.

      Please post a comment afterwards!!

      >Strange thing is,Yoshida is asking for a bassist for the U.S. tour.I
      >wonder if Hisashi is gone or was otherwise unable to tour????

      He left the band and Yoshida is looking for a substitute.

      >I would
      >thik Ruins is fairly complex stuff just for some bassist to pick up on
      >the fly for a quick tour.......

      Yoshida will play Ruins solo (!) and then jam with local bassplayers.
    • Bryan Reynolds
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
        i'll be attending the show in NYC at the Stone.
        sounds like it'll be a really great one.

        surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        We get off topic here sometimes so I hope no one minds me posting this
        here.

        Just happened to gander at Yoshida's site and saw this tour
        info.Cool.I'm definitely going to try and see this.Last time Ruins
        came to my area was probably 7 years or more ago.

        Strange thing is,Yoshida is asking for a bassist for the U.S. tour.I
        wonder if Hisashi is gone or was otherwise unable to tour????I would
        thik Ruins is fairly complex stuff just for some bassist to pick up on
        the fly for a quick tour.......

        **Also,anyone want to burn me a copy of Omoide Hatoba's Osaka Ra?I'll
        burn something in return.

        RUINS alone bassist wanted tour in USA .
        15th. July New York
        20:00 with shanir blumenkranz, 22:00 with Jesse Krakow THE STONE
        17th. July Philadelphia
        The Avant Gentleman's Lodge with Evan Lipson
        powerlunchsite.tripod.com _
        18th. July Baltimore
        with Jake Amaral,Jason Willet RED ROOM
        19th. July Detroit
        with Mahlon Orrin (The PB Army) MAGIC STICK
        20th. July Toredo
        with Mahlon Orrin (The PB Army) UNDERGROUND
        21th. July Minneapolis
        The Avant Gentleman's Lodge with Evan Lipson Triple Rock Social Club
        22th. July Chicago BOTTOM LOUNGE
        23th. July Los Angeles
        with Collyn McCoy (Pray To The Robots) KNTTING FACTORY
        24th. July San Fransisco
        with davin Hoff, Edward Rodoriguez III HEMLOCK TEVERN
        25th. July Seattle CHOP SUEY

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
          Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
          drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
          lucky bastard will be in my city!

          "Yoshida Tatsuya, the band's founder, is one of the most innovative
          figures in a Japanese avant-garde music scene renowned for ingenious
          performers. RUINS' bass duties have changed hands four times since the
          band's formation, and the most recent bassist, Sasaki Hisashi, has
          regretfully left the band, returning to his hometown for personal
          reasons. As each bass player left, the bar has raised higher, and now
          Yoshida finds himself in search of the next Ruins bassist. On the
          RUINS "Bassist Wanted Tour", Yoshida will take on the unthinkable task
          of performing the music of RUINS solo (!), as well as performing with
          a special fill-in musician in each city. This will be a once in a
          lifetime event, guaranteed to challenge, amaze, confound - and prove a
          heck of a fun time."
          -taken from SkinGraft Records website
        • Peter Manson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
            When Tatsuya last toured the UK as part of the Japanese New Music
            Festival, Sasaki was missing (with a broken arm, I think) and the Ruins
            part of the evening consisted of Tatsuya working on drums and vocals
            against a pre-recorded bass tape. It was fantastic!

            Peter

            Peter Manson's homepage: http://www.petermanson.com/
            Object Permanence homepage: http://www.objectpermanence.co.uk/
            > Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
            > drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
            > lucky bastard will be in my city!
            >
            > "Yoshida Tatsuya, the band's founder, is one of the most innovative
            > figures in a Japanese avant-garde music scene renowned for ingenious
            > performers. RUINS' bass duties have changed hands four times since the
            > band's formation, and the most recent bassist, Sasaki Hisashi, has
            > regretfully left the band, returning to his hometown for personal
            > reasons. As each bass player left, the bar has raised higher, and now
            > Yoshida finds himself in search of the next Ruins bassist. On the
            > RUINS "Bassist Wanted Tour", Yoshida will take on the unthinkable task
            > of performing the music of RUINS solo (!), as well as performing with
            > a special fill-in musician in each city. This will be a once in a
            > lifetime event, guaranteed to challenge, amaze, confound - and prove a
            > heck of a fun time."
            > -taken from SkinGraft Records website
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Arthur Gadney
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
              > > Tatsuya solo!Wow,that should be interesting.I wonder if he'll do just
              > > drums or his drums/keys/bass/vocal/etc. thing.Hmmmmm,I wonder who the
              > > lucky bastard will be in my city!

              Don't know which is your city, but below is the list. I hardly know any of
              these bassplayers!