Re: [the boredoms] 5/17/05 @ the knitting factory

  • ryan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2005
      thanks for sharing mang, i really wish i could go to one of these
      shows, if i had a first born he'd already by offered in exchange for
      a chance to see them.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Clark"
      <danclarkgraphics@v...> wrote:
      > It was an incredible show, anything Bore-related always exceeds my
      > expectations, it was basically the same piece as usual but very
      different
      > with new parts and an AMAZING new intro where Eye comes out first
      and I'm
      > not gonna ruin it either, its amazing. Even though they only play
      once or
      > twice a year in Japan they still rehearse once a week, and are
      amazingly
      > tight. Line-up is Eye, ATR, Yoshimi, Y02RO (ex-Hanadensya/Grind
      Orchestra)
      > and soundman Zach. Soundcheck was over 6 hours long!!! and they
      said that
      > was short!!!! They really care about making everything perfect and
      having a
      > good show more than anything else (a very rare trait among bands),
      I suggest
      > making any drive you have to or pay whatever you can to see this
      gig, who
      > knows when or if there will be a next time.
      >
      > On sale were US versions of Seadrum, VCNS, Super ae + Japanese
      versions of
      > all the Re-Bores and a couple of comps, one with an Eye remix and
      one with
      > "Free". Also like 8 different shirts & sweatshirts, some said
      Boredoms and
      > some said VooREDOMS. And also a new amazing Poster drawn drawn by
      Eye (see
      > pictures).
      >
      > Here are a few of my pics:
      > http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers/
      >
      > I'd imagine that Seadrum is Boredoms because it is on WEA Japan,
      I'm sure
      > the label wanted it to be Boredoms??? but I don't know.
      >
      > Also if you want to make Eye the happiest person in the world, burn
      him some
      > CD's of the band DOS and give to him at the show, its Mike Watt &
      Kira's
      > bass duo, they have 4 albums, the latest album you can still buy
      its on Kill
      > Rock Stars.
      >
      > dan

      the
      > boredoms have a really
      > > good sound man, i really appreciated his ability to mix the three
      kits
      > together and still
      > > have space left for vocals and the other sounds. my only beef:
      lack of
      > sonic variety. the
      > > record/cd player being slowed down and sped up got slightly
      repetetive.
      > that's my only
      > > beef, overall one of the best shows i've seen in ages.
      > >
      > > scott aka majestyfunk
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • majestyfunk
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2005
        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Clark" <danclarkgraphics@v...> wrote:
        > Oh, I was told recording the show was not cool, so I didn't make a
        > soundboard. If anyone recorded it please e-mail me or Torrent it.
        >
        > danclarkgraphics@v...

        The first thing i did once i got in the club was talk to the sound guy and try to obtain a
        copy of the show. I talked to the house sound guy (leonard), the band was recording the
        board feed via pro tools m-box (stereo 2 track) and i also saw a stereo mic on the mixing
        board going to either a minidisc or dat player. so in other words, any recordings from this
        tour have to be from the audience members (because the band is taking the 2track mix
        from the board). hope this helps.

        scott
        p.s. i hope everyone enjoys the remaining shows.