Re: [the boredoms] 5/17/05 @ the knitting factory

  • Dan Clark
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2005
      Oh, I was told recording the show was not cool, so I didn't make a
      soundboard. If anyone recorded it please e-mail me or Torrent it.

      danclarkgraphics@...
    • Quintus Frimschlowder VIII
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2005
        I am also very interesting in obtaining a recording of any of the
        shows on this tour. Many thanks and also some data (music or movies, I
        have tons) to anyone who can provide a decent recording of any of
        these shows. Thanks much.

        QF8
        quintusfrimschlowder@...

        On 5/19/05, Dan Clark <danclarkgraphics@...> wrote:
        > Oh, I was told recording the show was not cool, so I didn't make a
        > soundboard. If anyone recorded it please e-mail me or Torrent it.
        >
        > danclarkgraphics@...
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • ryan
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2005
          thanks for sharing mang, i really wish i could go to one of these
          shows, if i had a first born he'd already by offered in exchange for
          a chance to see them.

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Clark"
          <danclarkgraphics@v...> wrote:
          > It was an incredible show, anything Bore-related always exceeds my
          > expectations, it was basically the same piece as usual but very
          different
          > with new parts and an AMAZING new intro where Eye comes out first
          and I'm
          > not gonna ruin it either, its amazing. Even though they only play
          once or
          > twice a year in Japan they still rehearse once a week, and are
          amazingly
          > tight. Line-up is Eye, ATR, Yoshimi, Y02RO (ex-Hanadensya/Grind
          Orchestra)
          > and soundman Zach. Soundcheck was over 6 hours long!!! and they
          said that
          > was short!!!! They really care about making everything perfect and
          having a
          > good show more than anything else (a very rare trait among bands),
          I suggest
          > making any drive you have to or pay whatever you can to see this
          gig, who
          > knows when or if there will be a next time.
          >
          > On sale were US versions of Seadrum, VCNS, Super ae + Japanese
          versions of
          > all the Re-Bores and a couple of comps, one with an Eye remix and
          one with
          > "Free". Also like 8 different shirts & sweatshirts, some said
          Boredoms and
          > some said VooREDOMS. And also a new amazing Poster drawn drawn by
          Eye (see
          > pictures).
          >
          > Here are a few of my pics:
          > http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers/
          >
          > I'd imagine that Seadrum is Boredoms because it is on WEA Japan,
          I'm sure
          > the label wanted it to be Boredoms??? but I don't know.
          >
          > Also if you want to make Eye the happiest person in the world, burn
          him some
          > CD's of the band DOS and give to him at the show, its Mike Watt &
          Kira's
          > bass duo, they have 4 albums, the latest album you can still buy
          its on Kill
          > Rock Stars.
          >
          > dan

          the
          > boredoms have a really
          > > good sound man, i really appreciated his ability to mix the three
          kits
          > together and still
          > > have space left for vocals and the other sounds. my only beef:
          lack of
          > sonic variety. the
          > > record/cd player being slowed down and sped up got slightly
          repetetive.
          > that's my only
          > > beef, overall one of the best shows i've seen in ages.
          > >
          > > scott aka majestyfunk
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • majestyfunk
          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2005
            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Clark" <danclarkgraphics@v...> wrote:
            > Oh, I was told recording the show was not cool, so I didn't make a
            > soundboard. If anyone recorded it please e-mail me or Torrent it.
            >
            > danclarkgraphics@v...

            The first thing i did once i got in the club was talk to the sound guy and try to obtain a
            copy of the show. I talked to the house sound guy (leonard), the band was recording the
            board feed via pro tools m-box (stereo 2 track) and i also saw a stereo mic on the mixing
            board going to either a minidisc or dat player. so in other words, any recordings from this
            tour have to be from the audience members (because the band is taking the 2track mix
            from the board). hope this helps.

            scott
            p.s. i hope everyone enjoys the remaining shows.