Re: [the boredoms] 5/17/05 @ the knitting factory

  • Dan Clark
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2005
      It was an incredible show, anything Bore-related always exceeds my
      expectations, it was basically the same piece as usual but very different
      with new parts and an AMAZING new intro where Eye comes out first and I'm
      not gonna ruin it either, its amazing. Even though they only play once or
      twice a year in Japan they still rehearse once a week, and are amazingly
      tight. Line-up is Eye, ATR, Yoshimi, Y02RO (ex-Hanadensya/Grind Orchestra)
      and soundman Zach. Soundcheck was over 6 hours long!!! and they said that
      was short!!!! They really care about making everything perfect and having a
      good show more than anything else (a very rare trait among bands), I suggest
      making any drive you have to or pay whatever you can to see this gig, who
      knows when or if there will be a next time.

      On sale were US versions of Seadrum, VCNS, Super ae + Japanese versions of
      all the Re-Bores and a couple of comps, one with an Eye remix and one with
      "Free". Also like 8 different shirts & sweatshirts, some said Boredoms and
      some said VooREDOMS. And also a new amazing Poster drawn drawn by Eye (see
      pictures).

      Here are a few of my pics:
      http://groups.msn.com/PsychedelicMusicFromTheAxisPowers/

      I'd imagine that Seadrum is Boredoms because it is on WEA Japan, I'm sure
      the label wanted it to be Boredoms??? but I don't know.

      Also if you want to make Eye the happiest person in the world, burn him some
      CD's of the band DOS and give to him at the show, its Mike Watt & Kira's
      bass duo, they have 4 albums, the latest album you can still buy its on Kill
      Rock Stars.

      dan

      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2005
        Oh, I was told recording the show was not cool, so I didn't make a
        soundboard. If anyone recorded it please e-mail me or Torrent it.

        danclarkgraphics@...
      • Quintus Frimschlowder VIII
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2005
          I am also very interesting in obtaining a recording of any of the
          shows on this tour. Many thanks and also some data (music or movies, I
          have tons) to anyone who can provide a decent recording of any of
          these shows. Thanks much.

          QF8
          quintusfrimschlowder@...

          On 5/19/05, Dan Clark <danclarkgraphics@...> wrote:
          > Oh, I was told recording the show was not cool, so I didn't make a
          > soundboard. If anyone recorded it please e-mail me or Torrent it.
          >
          > danclarkgraphics@...
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • ryan
          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2005
            thanks for sharing mang, i really wish i could go to one of these
            shows, if i had a first born he'd already by offered in exchange for
            a chance to see them.

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Clark"

          • majestyfunk
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2005
              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Clark" <danclarkgraphics@v...> wrote:
              > Oh, I was told recording the show was not cool, so I didn't make a
              > soundboard. If anyone recorded it please e-mail me or Torrent it.
              >
              > danclarkgraphics@v...

              The first thing i did once i got in the club was talk to the sound guy and try to obtain a
              copy of the show. I talked to the house sound guy (leonard), the band was recording the
              board feed via pro tools m-box (stereo 2 track) and i also saw a stereo mic on the mixing
              board going to either a minidisc or dat player. so in other words, any recordings from this
              tour have to be from the audience members (because the band is taking the 2track mix
              from the board). hope this helps.

              scott
              p.s. i hope everyone enjoys the remaining shows.