Re: [the boredoms] Re: 5/17/05 @ the knitting factory

  • gygax
    Message 1 of 10 , May 18, 2005
      It is indeed very strange how the US/UK booking
      agencies continue to use the name "Boredoms" for the
      very same band that plays as "vOOredoms" in Japan.

      This is the 3rd or 4th US tour by vOOredoms if you are
      counting the ATP/West Coast appearances in 2002 or
      not.

      Seiichi is still friendly with the band, he just feels
      that he left the band while they were at there
      absolute peak.

      Karera Musication, who did the soundtrack for Ichi The
      Killer, is essentially the late-era Boredoms line-up
      minus Eye.

      --- Quintus Frimschlowder VIII

      Message 2 of 10 , May 18, 2005
        Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie credits next to
        Yoshimi's, though? Granted, it was surrounded by Japanese and could
        have been a thank you for all I know.

      • aeelms@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 18, 2005
          >Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie credits next to
          >Yoshimi's, though?

          I cannot exactly remeber, but Eye had a technical role in the music for the
          film, he did not take place in the actual music. he wasn't producer, but maybe
          engineer or somesuch?
        • James Osborne
          Message 4 of 10 , May 18, 2005
            I'm lost. How come the release of the Seadrum-House of
            Sun in Japan was "Boredoms" and not "vooredoms"?

            --- aeelms@... wrote:

            > >Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie
            > credits next to
            > >Yoshimi's, though?
            >
            > I cannot exactly remeber, but Eye had a technical
            > role in the music for the
            > film, he did not take place in the actual music. he
            > wasn't producer, but maybe
            > engineer or somesuch?

            Yahoo! Mail
          • sp311xsfs
            Message 5 of 10 , May 18, 2005
              did they have any merch or cds for sale or anything?

              Also, any suggestions for where I should watch the show in New York
              from? Like, is it better to stand near the front (near the chaos) or
              pick a spot near the back where i can see the whole thing?
              Sorry, might be stupid questions, but was just wondering. I'm happy to
              hear they played a good show. I can't wait to see them!!