Re: [the boredoms] Re: 5/17/05 @ the knitting factory

  • gygax
    Message 1 of 10 , May 18 1:06 PM
      Seiichi Yamamoto quit the Boredoms 6 years ago, and
      the band broke up.

      This current line-up is known as "vOOredoms" in Japan.
      EYE refers to it as a Boredoms sideproject in many
      interviews.

      --- Quintus Frimschlowder VIII

      Message 2 of 10 , May 18 2:32 PM
        Inneressin'. I knew about Vooredoms, but because this tour was under
        the name Boredoms, and since they just released an album under the
        same name, I figured it would be a different lineup.

        Weird, so who plays guitar on the soundtrack for Ichi the Killer? It
        sure sounds like Yamamoto to me, but I could of course be mistaken.

        -QF8

        http://scatterbrain.raygunarmy.com/

        On 5/18/05, gygax <gygax0r@...> wrote:
        > Seiichi Yamamoto quit the Boredoms 6 years ago, and
        > the band broke up.
        >
        > This current line-up is known as "vOOredoms" in Japan.
        > EYE refers to it as a Boredoms sideproject in many
        > interviews.
        >
        > --- Quintus Frimschlowder VIII
        > <quintusfrimschlowder@...> wrote:
        > > Yeah, it's good to know that Yoshimi will be there.
        > > I was kind of
        > > hoping for Yamamoto as well, though. So it goes. I
        > > guess they have a
        > > five-album contract here in the US, or something? So
        > > I suppose they'll
        > > be around for a good while longer.
        > >
        > > On 5/18/05, radiationsmiles
        > > <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > > > hey thanks for describing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        > > >

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • gygax
        Message 3 of 10 , May 18 2:51 PM
          It is indeed very strange how the US/UK booking
          agencies continue to use the name "Boredoms" for the
          very same band that plays as "vOOredoms" in Japan.

          This is the 3rd or 4th US tour by vOOredoms if you are
          counting the ATP/West Coast appearances in 2002 or
          not.

          Seiichi is still friendly with the band, he just feels
          that he left the band while they were at there
          absolute peak.

          Karera Musication, who did the soundtrack for Ichi The
          Killer, is essentially the late-era Boredoms line-up
          minus Eye.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 18 3:33 PM
            Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie credits next to
            Yoshimi's, though? Granted, it was surrounded by Japanese and could
            have been a thank you for all I know.

          • aeelms@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 18 5:29 PM
              >Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie credits next to
              >Yoshimi's, though?

              I cannot exactly remeber, but Eye had a technical role in the music for the
              film, he did not take place in the actual music. he wasn't producer, but maybe
              engineer or somesuch?
            • James Osborne
              Message 6 of 10 , May 18 7:50 PM
                I'm lost. How come the release of the Seadrum-House of
                Sun in Japan was "Boredoms" and not "vooredoms"?

                --- aeelms@... wrote:

                > >Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie
                > credits next to
                > >Yoshimi's, though?
                >
                > I cannot exactly remeber, but Eye had a technical
                > role in the music for the
                > film, he did not take place in the actual music. he
                > wasn't producer, but maybe
                > engineer or somesuch?

                Yahoo! Mail
              • sp311xsfs
                Message 7 of 10 , May 18 7:56 PM
                  did they have any merch or cds for sale or anything?

                  Also, any suggestions for where I should watch the show in New York
                  from? Like, is it better to stand near the front (near the chaos) or
                  pick a spot near the back where i can see the whole thing?
                  Sorry, might be stupid questions, but was just wondering. I'm happy to
                  hear they played a good show. I can't wait to see them!!