Re: [the boredoms] Re: 5/17/05 @ the knitting factory

  • Quintus Frimschlowder VIII
    Message 1 of 10 , May 18, 2005
      Yeah, it's good to know that Yoshimi will be there. I was kind of
      hoping for Yamamoto as well, though. So it goes. I guess they have a
      five-album contract here in the US, or something? So I suppose they'll
      be around for a good while longer.

      On 5/18/05, radiationsmiles <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > hey thanks for describing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • gygax
      Message 2 of 10 , May 18, 2005
        Seiichi Yamamoto quit the Boredoms 6 years ago, and
        the band broke up.

        This current line-up is known as "vOOredoms" in Japan.
        EYE refers to it as a Boredoms sideproject in many
        interviews.

        Message 3 of 10 , May 18, 2005
          Inneressin'. I knew about Vooredoms, but because this tour was under
          the name Boredoms, and since they just released an album under the
          same name, I figured it would be a different lineup.

          Weird, so who plays guitar on the soundtrack for Ichi the Killer? It
          sure sounds like Yamamoto to me, but I could of course be mistaken.

          -QF8

          http://scatterbrain.raygunarmy.com/

          On 5/18/05, gygax <gygax0r@...> wrote:
          > Seiichi Yamamoto quit the Boredoms 6 years ago, and
          > the band broke up.
          >
          > This current line-up is known as "vOOredoms" in Japan.
          > EYE refers to it as a Boredoms sideproject in many
          > interviews.
          >
          > --- Quintus Frimschlowder VIII
          > <quintusfrimschlowder@...> wrote:
          > > Yeah, it's good to know that Yoshimi will be there.
          > > I was kind of
          > > hoping for Yamamoto as well, though. So it goes. I
          > > guess they have a
          > > five-album contract here in the US, or something? So
          > > I suppose they'll
          > > be around for a good while longer.
          > >
          > > On 5/18/05, radiationsmiles
          > > <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > > > hey thanks for describing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          > > >

          > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • gygax
          Message 4 of 10 , May 18, 2005
            It is indeed very strange how the US/UK booking
            agencies continue to use the name "Boredoms" for the
            very same band that plays as "vOOredoms" in Japan.

            This is the 3rd or 4th US tour by vOOredoms if you are
            counting the ATP/West Coast appearances in 2002 or
            not.

            Seiichi is still friendly with the band, he just feels
            that he left the band while they were at there
            absolute peak.

            Karera Musication, who did the soundtrack for Ichi The
            Killer, is essentially the late-era Boredoms line-up
            minus Eye.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 18, 2005
              Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie credits next to
              Yoshimi's, though? Granted, it was surrounded by Japanese and could
              have been a thank you for all I know.

            • aeelms@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , May 18, 2005
                >Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie credits next to
                >Yoshimi's, though?

                I cannot exactly remeber, but Eye had a technical role in the music for the
                film, he did not take place in the actual music. he wasn't producer, but maybe
                engineer or somesuch?
              • James Osborne
                Message 7 of 10 , May 18, 2005
                  I'm lost. How come the release of the Seadrum-House of
                  Sun in Japan was "Boredoms" and not "vooredoms"?

                  --- aeelms@... wrote:

                  > >Huh. Wasn't that Eye's name I spotted in the movie
                  > credits next to
                  > >Yoshimi's, though?
                  >
                  > I cannot exactly remeber, but Eye had a technical
                  > role in the music for the
                  > film, he did not take place in the actual music. he
                  > wasn't producer, but maybe
                  > engineer or somesuch?

                  Yahoo! Mail
                • sp311xsfs
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 18, 2005
                    did they have any merch or cds for sale or anything?

                    Also, any suggestions for where I should watch the show in New York
                    from? Like, is it better to stand near the front (near the chaos) or
                    pick a spot near the back where i can see the whole thing?
                    Sorry, might be stupid questions, but was just wondering. I'm happy to
                    hear they played a good show. I can't wait to see them!!