RE: [the boredoms] live album and magazine appearance

  • Arthur Gadney
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2005
      >Sorry if you guys have already discussed this (I've been out of the loop
      >recently), but my friend in Japan says Boredoms will release a live album
      >on May 25th?!
      >Anyone else heard about this -- especially when it was recorded?

      That's probably the Tokyo show from December 2004, which apparantly featured
      a 30 person huge lineup.

      >Oh, anyone in Japan would do well to check out a mag called "Studio Voice"
      >--- there was a huge Boredoms special a couple of months ago.

      http://www.infaspub.co.jp/studio-voice/sv-backissue/contents/2003/sv-contents0411.html
    • urnak
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2005
        Looks like this is it.

        http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1091748

        Does the X2 mean it's two CDs, or two songs?

        -Urnak

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Jim Butler <supershineon@y...> wrote:
        > Sorry if you guys have already discussed this (I've been out of the
        loop recently), but my friend in Japan says Boredoms will release a
        live album on May 25th?!
        > Anyone else heard about this -- especially when it was recorded?
        > Have the floodgates begun to open??
        >
        > (God, I hope it's not a recording of Seadrum....)
        >
        > Oh, anyone in Japan would do well to check out a mag called "Studio
        Voice" --- there was a huge Boredoms special a couple of months ago.
        About 50 pages of Bore-material. Interviews with everyone. A gallery
        of Eye-art. A complete (including side projects andguest appearances)
        discography. Even pics of the recording of Seadrum with equipment in
        the waves....... Great cover too, of our heroes in coolie hats! Very Devo.

        http://emptybottlepresents.musictoday.com/EmptyBottlePresents/calendar.aspx

        > There ya go. Now you can fetch yourself some tickets.

        > Message: 2
        > Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:12:42 -0000
        > From: alterego100usa
        > Subject: Re: Spring U.S. Tour
        >

        > Thanks very much. I wrote Empty Bottle after someone mentioned it
        > here; it was on their website but no one wrote back...until now. I'm
        > in the northern Detroit suburbs, definitely would like to see
        > Boredoms again (have seen them three times). Appreciate the
        > assistance here, glad to see a new group member involved.-- In
        > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "bishounen_boy"
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Actually the Chicago show is at the mighty fine Logan Square
        > > Auditorium, and not the actual Empty Bottle... empty bottle probably
        > > just booked the show there, since LSA is pretty much EB and mp
        > > production's slave venue out here.
        > > for tickets:
        > >
        > http://emptybottlepresents.musictoday.com/EmptyBottlePresents/calendar
        > .aspx
        > >
        > > There ya go. Now you can fetch yourself some tickets.

        http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

      • bishounen_boy
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 2005
          I found that as well, but in Engrish.

          http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WPCL-10181

          Number of Disks = 1

          It's dated 5/25... so that's not to long of a wait, eh? But it'll
          probably be released on Vice after Seadrum.