live album and magazine appearance

  • Jim Butler
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14 8:41 AM
      Sorry if you guys have already discussed this (I've been out of the loop recently), but my friend in Japan says Boredoms will release a live album on May 25th?!
      Anyone else heard about this -- especially when it was recorded?
      Have the floodgates begun to open??

      (God, I hope it's not a recording of Seadrum....)

      Oh, anyone in Japan would do well to check out a mag called "Studio Voice" --- there was a huge Boredoms special a couple of months ago. About 50 pages of Bore-material. Interviews with everyone. A gallery of Eye-art. A complete (including side projects andguest appearances) discography. Even pics of the recording of Seadrum with equipment in the waves....... Great cover too, of our heroes in coolie hats! Very Devo.

      I'll try and find out more about that live album.....

      There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Spring U.S. Tour
      From: "bishounen_boy"
      2. Re: Spring U.S. Tour
      From: alterego100usa

      Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 06:42:14 -0000
      From: "bishounen_boy"
      Subject: Re: Spring U.S. Tour

      Actually the Chicago show is at the mighty fine Logan Square
      Auditorium, and not the actual Empty Bottle... empty bottle probably
      just booked the show there, since LSA is pretty much EB and mp
      production's slave venue out here.
      for tickets:
      http://emptybottlepresents.musictoday.com/EmptyBottlePresents/calendar.aspx

      There ya go. Now you can fetch yourself some tickets.

      Message: 2
      Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:12:42 -0000
      From: alterego100usa

      Thanks very much. I wrote Empty Bottle after someone mentioned it
      here; it was on their website but no one wrote back...until now. I'm
      in the northern Detroit suburbs, definitely would like to see
      Boredoms again (have seen them three times). Appreciate the
      assistance here, glad to see a new group member involved.-- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "bishounen_boy"
      wrote:

      > Actually the Chicago show is at the mighty fine Logan Square
      > Auditorium, and not the actual Empty Bottle... empty bottle probably
      > just booked the show there, since LSA is pretty much EB and mp
      > production's slave venue out here.
      > for tickets:

      http://emptybottlepresents.musictoday.com/EmptyBottlePresents/calendar
      .aspx

      > There ya go. Now you can fetch yourself some tickets.

    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14 9:30 AM
        >Sorry if you guys have already discussed this (I've been out of the loop
        >recently), but my friend in Japan says Boredoms will release a live album
        >on May 25th?!
        >Anyone else heard about this -- especially when it was recorded?

        That's probably the Tokyo show from December 2004, which apparantly featured
        a 30 person huge lineup.

        >Oh, anyone in Japan would do well to check out a mag called "Studio Voice"
        >--- there was a huge Boredoms special a couple of months ago.

        http://www.infaspub.co.jp/studio-voice/sv-backissue/contents/2003/sv-contents0411.html
      • urnak
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16 8:06 AM
          Looks like this is it.

          http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=1091748

          Does the X2 mean it's two CDs, or two songs?

          -Urnak

          http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

        • bishounen_boy
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16 9:08 AM
            I found that as well, but in Engrish.

            http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WPCL-10181

            Number of Disks = 1

            It's dated 5/25... so that's not to long of a wait, eh? But it'll
            probably be released on Vice after Seadrum.