Re: not DER LATEST NEWS

  • trigger_goldberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2005
      Funny. Wacky, even.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "ferns_dad" <ferns_dad@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      > such aliases as Yamantaka, Yamataka, Ai, EYE Y, Odd Bodysuit E.Y.E
      > (Dad), Rav Yechida and King Kazoo Eye -- released its tenth studio
      > album, Super Are, earlier this year. A collage of backward tape
      > screeches, monstrous guitar chords and cut-and-paste instrumentals,
      > Super Are features such spastic sonic assaults as "Super Going"
      > (RealAudio excerpt), "Super Coming," "Super Are You" and "Super
      > Shine."
      >
      > The Boredoms, who have had a constantly shifting lineup, currently
      > include such cryptically-named members as guitarist Yamamotor,
      > bassist Hira, drummer/trumpet player Yoshimi and drummer Atari.
      >
      > With the support from such fellow rockers as Sonic Youth and Nirvana,
      > the band was signed to Warner Bros. Records in 1993 and released the
      > unrelentingly abrasive Pop Tatari. In addition to being leaders of
      > the Japanese noise scene, the Boredoms have a reputation for over-the-
      > top stage shows that often involve odd theatrics and chaotic, high-
      > decibel sheets of sound.
      >
      > The final date on the Boredoms' tour will be an appearance at the
      > July 4 rock festival This Ain't No Picnic at Oak Canyon Ranch in
      > Orange County, Calif. The roster for the show is packed with some of
      > the most popular and respected names in experimental and underground
      > rock, including Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney and Guided By Voices.
      > Also on the bill are rock bands Rocket From the Crypt, Sunny Day Real
      > Estate, Superchunk, Apples in Stereo and Mike Watt.
      >
      > "[These are] diverse voices -- bands that aren't scared to be
      > different," said Mike Watt, the ex-fIREHOSE singer/bassist whose most
      > recent solo album, Contemplating the Engine Room, features the
      > track "Breaking the Choke Hold" (RealAudio excerpt).
      >
      > "There's not one sound for everybody that day," said Watt, whose
      > early-'80s punk band the Minutemen recorded the song "This Ain't No
      > Picnic," which inspired the festival's name.
      >
      > The Boredoms will be in good company on the Picnic bill, which also
      > boasts such avant-garde, ambient and offbeat artists as Hovercraft,
      > Scarnella, Will Oldham and the literary Belle and Sebastian side
      > project Looper.
      >
      > Boredoms' U.S. Tour Dates:
      >
      > June 9; New York, N.Y.; South Street Seaport Atrium
      >
      > June 11; Philadelphia, Pa.; Trocadero
      >
      > June 12; New Haven, Conn.; TBA
      >
      > June 13; Washington, D.C.; 9:30 Club
      >
      > June 14; Cambridge, Mass.; Middle East Downstairs
      >
      > June 17; Toronto, Ontario; Opera House
      >
      > June 18; Pontiac, Mich.; 7th House
      >
      > June 19; Chicago, Ill.; Metro
      >
      > June 20; Minneapolis, Minn.; First Avenue
      >
      > June 22; Denver, Colo.; Fox Theater
      >
      > June 25-26; San Francisco, Calif.; Slim's
      >
      > June 28; Portland, Ore.; Crystal Ballroom
      >
      > (i'LL BE TRYING FOR THIS ONE)
      >
      > June 29; Vancouver, British Columbia; Richards on Richards
      >
      > June 30; Seattle, Wash.; Crocodile Cafe
      >
      > July 3; San Diego, Calif.; Brick By Brick
      >
      > July 4; Orange County, Calif.; Oak Canyon Ranch (Los Angeles Orange
    • Jonathan Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2005
        uhhhh

        > The caustic ensemble -- led by Yamatsuka Eye, who is also known by
        > such aliases as Yamantaka, Yamataka, Ai, EYE Y, Odd Bodysuit E.Y.E
        > (Dad), Rav Yechida and King Kazoo Eye -- released its tenth studio
        > album, Super Are, earlier this year. A collage of backward tape
        > screeches, monstrous guitar chords and cut-and-paste instrumentals,
        > Super Are features such spastic sonic assaults as "Super Going"
        > (RealAudio excerpt), "Super Coming," "Super Are You" and "Super
        > Shine."
      • James Osborne
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 28, 2005
          What do they mean by "cut and paste" instrumentals?

          --- Jonathan Williams <jonathan.williams@...>
          wrote:

          > uhhhh
          >

          > > The caustic ensemble -- led by Yamatsuka Eye, who
          > is also known by
          > > such aliases as Yamantaka, Yamataka, Ai, EYE Y,
          > Odd Bodysuit E.Y.E
          > > (Dad), Rav Yechida and King Kazoo Eye -- released
          > its tenth studio
          > > album, Super Are, earlier this year. A collage of
          > backward tape
          > > screeches, monstrous guitar chords and
          > cut-and-paste instrumentals,
          > > Super Are features such spastic sonic assaults as
          > "Super Going"
          > > (RealAudio excerpt), "Super Coming," "Super Are
          > You" and "Super
          > > Shine."

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • trip_fontayne
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 29, 2005
            no one can post old dates like that again, i just looked and saw
            they were playing nyc when i am going there this year, and i nearly
            died. i am so so so dissapointed

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, James Osborne <chuuzetsu@y...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 30, 2005
              wait, wait, wait.... So can someone post those REAL
              dates again?

              Sorry, I just need confirmation.

              http://my.yahoo.com