[the boredoms] Re: OOIOO setlist 11/6/04

  • Claude Zachary
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 26, 2004
      Yeah, the line-up live is the same as the album, the entire band
      changed in between Gold & Green & Kila.

      Dude can you torrent those 3 gigs, the 2 OOIOO I Vooredoms Tokyo? I
      have a soundboard of the LA OOIOO gig that I'm gonna torrent at the
      end of the month (unless I'm told not to). This recording is unreal,
      their soundman did an amazing mix, the first person I've ever heard
      make Knitting Factory LA sound good. I'll let you all know when the
      torrent it up.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, domsbore <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > also
      > if anyone knows,
      >
      > is the line up listed on kilakilakila the same as the lineup we just
      > saw live?
      > who is maki?
      > how has ooioo changed in its line up since eight?
      >
      > theres a serious lack of info online in english about them
    • clarence duclo
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 26, 2004
        I can't torrent, but am plenty open for snail mail
        trades

        bores
        Boredoms
        12/28/98 Club Quattro, Japan 122min 2CD --seriously
        rocks!!---B+/A-
        6/20/99 Minneapolis MN 1St Ave 70min AUD-DAT->CDR
        -------------A
        6/29/99 DuMaurier J F, Vancouver, Ca 73 min SBD great
        recording, needs an edit or 2 to be- ---A/ A-
        6/30/99 Seattle Crocodile Cafe 79
        min--unitrack--killer!!! ---A-
        12/31/99 Okinawa, Japan----aud---------A-
        3/16/02 DOMS-U.C.L.A ------51 min--needs a fix or
        2-------then would be-----A-
        7/10/02. Concorde 2 Shelter Hall, Brighton (UK)
        ECM907>MD> CDr--the voors------*
        7/13/02. Royal Festival Hall, London (UK) 65min
        ECM907>MD> CDr-�voors�------A
        7/17/01-Shibuya, Tokyo �voors� 39 min-unitrack--might
        be from mp3-------------A-
        9/7/02 True People's Festival Yomuri Land -Tokyo-(csb
        >MD) --------A-
        11/22/03 Vooredoms/AMM/Merzbow Instal Festival,
        Glasgow Voors 9:21 AMM - 33:34 Merzbow - 36:05 -fm--A
        3/30/04 Scala, London, UK aud 76 min ECM719 > Sony
        MZ-R909 MD-loud aud, band drowns em out, tho--A-

        oo's
        ooioo --
        12/24/96 Shijuku Liquid Room Tokyo ------------32
        min------------A-
        8/22/99-- Osaka ----------34 min
        unitrack----------------------------------------A-
        2/16/00-- Shijuku Liquid Room Tokyo ----42
        min------------------------ A-
        3/21/01---Maxwells, Hoboken NJ ----59min---dpa4061> M1
        aud----A-

        --- Claude Zachary <danclarkgraphics@...>
        wrote:

        > Yeah, the line-up live is the same as the album, the
        > entire band
        > changed in between Gold & Green & Kila.
        >
        > Dude can you torrent those 3 gigs, the 2 OOIOO I
        > Vooredoms Tokyo? I
        > have a soundboard of the LA OOIOO gig that I'm gonna
        > torrent at the
        > end of the month (unless I'm told not to). This
        > recording is unreal,
        > their soundman did an amazing mix, the first person
        > I've ever heard
        > make Knitting Factory LA sound good. I'll let you
        > all know when the
        > torrent it up.
        >
        > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, domsbore
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > also
        > > if anyone knows,
        > >
        > > is the line up listed on kilakilakila the same as
        > the lineup we just
        > > saw live?
        > > who is maki?
        > > how has ooioo changed in its line up since eight?
        > >
        > > theres a serious lack of info online in english
        > about them

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • domsbore
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 28, 2004
          i can only mail them too.
          im interested in your la ooioo show too though

          email me

          wxvinyl@...
        • gygax
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 28, 2004
            I believe their was one difference between the live
            shows and the album: the new drummer is named Ai
            (ex-AOA affiliation). I believe that Yoshiko still
            contributed drums to KilaKilaKila.

            Maki is the bassist. This is either the 3rd or 4th
            lineup for the band, but definitely the most radical
            between albums.

            --- domsbore <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > also
            > if anyone knows,
            >
            > is the line up listed on kilakilakila the same as
            > the lineup we just
            > saw live?
            > who is maki?
            > how has ooioo changed in its line up since eight?
            >
            > theres a serious lack of info online in english
            > about them

          • Dan Clark
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 28, 2004
              I don't remember the drummers name but she was unreal, so was the bass
              player and her name was Aya, and guitarist was Kaya. The drummer listed in
              Kila is Yuka Yoshimura.

              > I believe their was one difference between the live
              > shows and the album: the new drummer is named Ai
              > (ex-AOA affiliation). I believe that Yoshiko still
              > contributed drums to KilaKilaKila.
              >
              > Maki is the bassist. This is either the 3rd or 4th
              > lineup for the band, but definitely the most radical
              > between albums.
              >
              > --- domsbore <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >

              > > also
              > > if anyone knows,
              > >
              > > is the line up listed on kilakilakila the same as
              > > the lineup we just
              > > saw live?
              > > who is maki?
              > > how has ooioo changed in its line up since eight?
              > >
              > > theres a serious lack of info online in english
              > > about them
              > >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Dan Clark
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 28, 2004
                Oh yeah, your right the drummer's name was Ai, my daughters just reminded me
                and I remember that being trippy, they introduced in Japanese to them, its
                weird cause my daughters names are Kira & Nico.